• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Cowshed Grecian

Sorry if this is a little semantic but I didn’t say we’re been over reliant on loans I said we’ve been heavily reliant on them.
Running the risk of repeating myself, we’ve had an excellent loan goalkeeper for the entire season.
Plus, you’ve mentioned Ben not coming good and Sam being injured (the fact that you think if he’d not been injured he would have scored 20 goals is somewhat irrelevant because he has been unfortunately for a large part of the season).
So, we‘ve largely been reliant on loan strikers Zanzala, Phillips and Amond, as far as I understand anything.
Who else would we have played upfront otherwise?
I know what you mean, you’re right. Hopefully Sonny Cox isn’t too far away in his development. Certainly going to have a natural goalscorer in our ranks soon enough. For however long is the big question. Exciting times.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd be interested to hear from those who were there or watched from afar how they thought MJ did yesterday. Sounded like it was a better performance than against Newport but was any of this down to MJ?
Do we think he will play against Colchester or will Callum come back??

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd be interested to hear from those who were there or watched from afar how they thought MJ did yesterday. Sounded like it was a better performance than against Newport but was any of this down to MJ?
I didn't see yesterday's game but one reason for the better performance may just be that Carlisle are a worse team than Newport.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A huge win. I’m still nervous about Port Vale and Mansfield and really want us to win the next three homes to get us over the line before the final two games. Hopefully we will stay unbeaten but if we suffer a loss we will need to respond well as can’t afford a bad run now as the play offs would be much worse than previous times if we were to slip out of the top three. Last day could see the top four playing each other, not sure my nerves could take it.

well done city, hopefully we can get a comfortable win on Friday and help the nerves to help us for tranmere away. Would be good to be able to make three subs to rest a few if we could get say three goals ahead. It’s not over yet, one game at a time city.
We really need to back up the two away wins by beating Colchester. We would then still be in a strong position when we inevitably lose to Tranmere.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry if this is a little semantic but I didn’t say we’re been over reliant on loans I said we’ve been heavily reliant on them.
Running the risk of repeating myself, we’ve had an excellent loan goalkeeper for the entire season.
Plus, you’ve mentioned Ben not coming good and Sam being injured (the fact that you think if he’d not been injured he would have scored 20 goals is somewhat irrelevant because he has been unfortunately for a large part of the season).
So, we‘ve largely been reliant on loan strikers Zanzala, Phillips and Amond, as far as I understand anything.
Who else would we have played upfront otherwise?
It's remarkable where we were in the table given the lack of goals from our strikers. Before Podge nodded in today it had been almost 5 games since a striker scored for us - Jevani against Oldham. That was also the last goal we scored in open play.

scottus86

Just watched a rerun on ifollow and that first half was 45 minutes of city highlights. I skipped about half an hour of the second half but Dieng had multiple opportunities yesterday but it just didn't seem to go in.

I thought Jay's performance was much improved and his recent rest has done him the world of good.

Key in the last couple of games had got that flair back that made him look so dangerous last season but for whatever reason he was lacking for large parts this season.

There's a good player in Coley, I think he needs a bit more coaching though but he will get there.

Our defence is good enough for the league above and maybe even two leagues above if Diabate breaks his way into Sweeney's position (no disrespect to Sweeney, he has had an excellent season and has been a reliable player for us, I just think he would struggle above league 2)

Zanzala looked better again. He is starting to hold the ball and understand his role in the team, just his finishing is awful.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
What would the cost be for a second coach driver,anyone have any idea ?
Couldnt be more than £200 for a second driver ? Are we going to need a secondary driver for any other away day now ?

grecIAN Harris

Couldnt be more than £200 for a second driver ? Are we going to need a secondary driver for any other away day now ?
You think a driver for two whole days plus an overnight stay is £200? I think you need to re-read that comment and realise how daft it sounds.

fred binneys head

I thought MJ had a good game, he played more in a central midfield role so kept the game ticking over and distributed well. His lack of pace slowed us down occasionally which we didn’t see with Archie, but overall he played well and contributed to the result. Had one long range shot which the keeper spilled (which he shouldn’t have) but that was because he was playing deeper.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You Tube highlights