• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
One issue is us picking up zero yellow cards today, so no player up for, or closer to, quaranteene.
Our disciplinary record will help us for player availablity. Just need to keep off the injuries as well.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great result. I don’t want to get carried away, as too many heart ❤ breaks in the past.
But this year feels different somehow?!
What a bit like 89/90 ?
UTC

Well that was absolutely amazing. Big probs to the 402 travelers - what an atmosphere - and just in case there’s any doubt ….. the reds are going up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our disciplinary record will help us for player availablity. Just need to keep off the injuries as well.
We have by a distance the best yellow cards record in L2. Only the three reds (Grounds, Kit & Atangana) stops us being top overall (Rochdale haven't had a single sending off this season).

League Two - Fair play table 21/22 | Transfermarkt

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
To my mind all this, what if, who's gonna blink stuff is utter bollox. If you can't spot a promotion team then how can you comment?This team is closing in on our championship team and much better than the team that went up last time. That team went up on the momentum of getting into the winning habit in the conference. This team is still building and could easily be a mid table league 1 side.
Most important result today was FGR dropping another two points. Go for top City!

Bridgy 81

To my mind all this, what if, who's gonna blink stuff is utter bollox. If you can't spot a promotion team then how can you comment?This team is closing in on our championship team and much better than the team that went up last time. That team went up on the momentum of getting into the winning habit in the conference. This team is still building and could easily be a mid table league 1 side.
Most important result today was FGR dropping another two points. Go for top City!
The team you refer to which were promoted previously were very good, in my opinion.
Admittedly, the first season up was consolation but the next one we ended up 8th.
Then most of our best players left, we got relegated and have been where we are ever since.
Our current team is very good, but is relying fairly heavily on loan players.
With judicious signings we could do well next year, but I’m not inclined to say we are ‘much better’ than our previous promotion team.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
This was my fourth and final matchday thread of the season. Three wins and one draw, not a bad record.

fred binneys head

Just got back to Derby after a perfect away day. Journey was fine, lunch was battered haggis and chips, brilliant away performance from City and another game closer to promotion!

I thought Archie had his best game for a while, he was my MOM and jack sparkes also had a good game. Great subs from KMT at just the right time too.

Fantastic support as always, throat very sore now, and who doesn’t love some last minute limbs? Geddon city, I’m 100% certain we’re going up automatically.

See you all at Tranmere for the latest instalment of the City Promotion Push.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just got back to Derby after a perfect away day. Journey was fine, lunch was battered haggis and chips, brilliant away performance from City and another game closer to promotion!

I thought Archie had his best game for a while, he was my MOM and jack sparkes also had a good game. Great subs from KMT at just the right time too.

Fantastic support as always, throat very sore now, and who doesn’t love some last minute limbs? Geddon city, I’m 100% certain we’re going up automatically.

See you all at Tranmere for the latest instalment of the City Promotion Push.
Great to hear. I thought he was fantastic in the first half at Newport as well.

denzel

The team you refer to which were promoted previously were very good, in my opinion.
Admittedly, the first season up was consolation but the next one we ended up 8th.
Then most of our best players left, we got relegated and have been where we are ever since.
Our current team is very good, but is relying fairly heavily on loan players.
With judicious signings we could do well next year, but I’m not inclined to say we are ‘much better’ than our previous promotion team.
We only had two players on loan on the pitch today, thats not relying heavily.
Look at other teams, they also have loan players. The bloke who scored for Bristol Rovers is on loan from Newcastle.