• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Bridgy 81

..probably sick of eating so much fast food on the road too. KFC & Subway..yuck!
[/QUOTE]

Take some Chunk pies on the bus.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's one of the benefits Stevenage have. If their coach driver becomes unfit they can easy turn to the bench for a replacement.....................
1649526607256.png

C j phill

Thanks for the update. He also appeared to be unhappy that the club wouldn't finance a second coach driver.
I watched the interview and he clearly had an issue with the travel time and eating arrangements - this ended up very different to what he was expecting from his pre-match YouTube interview.

Hopefully the Club and manager learn from this for future long haul trips to the north. I often travel to Manchester and almost every time I drive from Devon, i know that Friday's will be horrendous and invariably almost always takes nearly 6 hours on the motorway, rather than the normal 4. I'm surprised that no-one factored this in to the planned journey time.

I cannot imagine that the additional cost of a driver would be too expensive, and given our league position, drive for promotion allied to the additional income from our recent crowd attendances, I hope it was an oversight not to pay for this, rather than the club seeking to keep costs down.

Whatever league were in next season, I assume the club will factor in additional coach driver costs for Friday long haul journeys to the north.

arthur

I watched the interview and he clearly had an issue with the travel time and eating arrangements - this ended up very different to what he was expecting from his pre-match YouTube interview.

Hopefully the Club and manager learn from this for future long haul trips to the north. I often travel to Manchester and almost every time I drive from Devon, i know that Friday's will be horrendous and invariably almost always takes nearly 6 hours on the motorway, rather than the normal 4. I'm surprised that no-one factored this in to the planned journey time.

I cannot imagine that the additional cost of a driver would be too expensive, and given our league position, drive for promotion allied to the additional income from our recent crowd attendances, I hope it was an oversight not to pay for this, rather than the club seeking to keep costs down.

Whatever league were in next season, I assume the club will factor in additional coach driver costs for Friday long haul journeys to the north.
There's an airport at Carlisle owned by Stobart. And a big ordinary one at Newcastle, not that far away. You can get an Easyjet there from Bristol

denzel

If only we were sponsored by an airline....

grecIAN Harris

All this talk of coach travel and our continuing need for it, I am surprised we don't have a sponsorship deal arranged with our coach provider to reduce those sorts of costs.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder if the coach company had staff shortages due to Covid?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

I'm pretty certain that there will be a Grecian coach driver who would be willing (for a season ticket etc) to provide driver cover for the longer trips.
If we can afford £2.5 mill for the training ground we should be able to find enough for 2nd driver ?
UTC

ORy

One issue is us picking up zero yellow cards today, so no player up for, or closer to, quaranteene.

Great result. I don’t want to get carried away, as too many heart ❤ breaks in the past.
But this year feels different somehow?!