• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, his legs are gone but he can be effective today. No way would I be starting him, despite not being convinced with Zanzala or Phillips. Both will leave in the summer but their running is at least useful.
Agreed but I would hang on to Ozzie as our coaching staff could make him into something good.
UTC

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
As it stands we still need to get to 88 points for automatic promotion, another 14 points!
Only 87 if we maintain our goal difference advantage over Mansfield ! The total will be irrelevant when we finish as Champions anyway ! :cool:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

Trapdoor

I'm not sure, but maybe, just maybe, the fvcking city are going up!!!!!!

grecIAN Harris

And the gap gets cut to five................ 🏆 ;)

Banksy

They call that a scoreboard!
But at least they’re an honest League 2 team.

Cowshed Grecian

Interesting to imagine just what it would have been like with Sam fully fit Max.Wonder if he would have made twenty plus goals?
I reckon so. Easy

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I mean... it kind of was that today really, we just couldn't finish. Some of the football in the first half was superb. It wasn't a scruffy win really but a relentless banging on the door until it fell down...
Realistically it's been like that since Nombe got injured. Apart from occasional moments of magic from Jevani we've really struggled to create much in open play but we've found a way to score just enough goals to keep winning games.

muppetdodger

As it stands we still need to get to 88 points for automatic promotion, another 14 points!
I'll be staggered if we need 4 wins and two draws from six remaining games. That would nearly win us the title. In fact 5 wins would definitely win the title

Red Devon

That was the best I’ve seen City play for several weeks….we controlled the game from pretty much the first to last minute all bar a few odd moments from Carlisle including one outstanding save from Cam mid way through the second half…and proper strikers goal from Podge to win it with…Sparkes MoM 👍🏻

Last edited: