• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
That depends on who you ask. Some people will tell you that the quality of football in general now is far better than it was 13-14 years ago.
Yes, but what has my post got to do with that.

grecIAN Harris

Yes, but what has my post got to do with that.
If the general quality is better then it will be harder to get on. The other thing is, big clubs don't always equate to better teams. Those clubs (Naarwich, Leeds, Southampton, both Sheffield clubs to name but a few) were there for a reason. Basically their teams weren't good enough.

iscalad

If the general quality is better then it will be harder to get on. The other thing is, big clubs don't always equate to better teams. Those clubs (Naarwich, Leeds, Southampton, both Sheffield clubs to name but a few) were there for a reason. Basically their teams weren't good enough.
Our team were there on merit as well.
They were able to afford much better players than us. We narrowly avoided relegation.

lamrobhero

I knew it was going to be a good day when I entered the stadium with the sound of ELO's Ma Ma Belle ringing in my ears. Followed by Happy Birthday being sung to Tim Dieng. The sight of Alex Hartridge dribbling and passing in the vicinity of the opposition penalty area is a sight to behold. I can only conclude that Matt is a disciple of 1970s Dutch Total football. As a dyed in the wool 442 person, I think I finally get playing with 3 centre halves, we are actually playing with 3 "Liberos". Still conscious of fine margins though, without Cam's save, the day would have been sub optimal.

Trapdoor

Southampton and Leeds both had very very good teams. We were clear underdogs at that time.

We had a good team but nobody anywhere near as good as the likes of Adam Lallana and Jermaine Beckford.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Couldnt be more than £200 for a second driver ? Are we going to need a secondary driver for any other away day now ?
I'd say you could at least double that with 2 days pay, overnight stay plus expenses.

sidney

I'd say you could at least double that with 2 days pay, overnight stay plus expenses.
The answer is obvious: offer Podge a contract for next season as player/coach (driver)

chunkymorrinmunter

The answer is obvious: offer Podge a contract for next season as player/coach (driver)
Or Ajose

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taylor got the substitutes right today.From the highlights there was a nervousness about how we created and took our chances.Sending on an experienced head with a couple of quick players to hurry the Carlisle defence in their decision making won us that match.
I think Taylor's job is critical this week in making sure that the chill out as much as possible so that they can be as calm and controlled as much as possible during the Easter matches.

dontpassback

Without knowing the details it’s difficult to know how the travel arrangements were handled,did Matt ask for a second driver ? Did the club say no,as I say,we don’t know,I just hope any issues on travel matters is sorted PDQ because we don’t want a cheesed off manager at a crucial point of the season