• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cardboard cut out fans...

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would get one made of Michael Jackson with Bubbles the chimp 😎

Oldsmobile-88

Could we pay extra for a cardboard diorama?

I’d get one of Uri Geller bending some spoons on the big bank, and another depicting the RL flag getting nicked.
Russell & Lewis holding the gate money in brown bags...The list could be endless 😁

Dannyred

Looks a good idea to raise cash.
Why haven’t we done it yet ?

Colesman Ballz

Why haven’t we done it yet ?
Doh ! There's never been a pandemic before, to make it necessary to play behind closed doors :unsure:

GJW

Russell & Lewis holding the gate money in brown bags...The list could be endless 😁
That would be a big cardboard cut out. They might need the big bank on their own. How about a couple of cardboard police officers as well?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would get one made of Michael Jackson with Bubbles the chimp 😎
I'd have a Paul Tisdale with cravat.

Dannyred

Doh ! There's never been a pandemic before, to make it necessary to play behind closed doors :unsure:
CB, Is it the Same Pandemic in Devon as it is in Cheltenham and Northampton as they are happy making money for there match behind closed doors as they have the right people to think ahead.

Dannyred

I see Northampton Town have also launched an initiative for cardboard fans for the play off games. They'll probably make more noise than those that normally sit at Sixfields.
Northampton are offering Cheltenham fans to fill the away end with their pics at £25 Each, Great Marketing.

fred binneys head

I’m going to have mine facing away from the pitch with arms outstretched, doing a solo poznan. I’m mentow, I am.

Colesman Ballz

CB, Is it the Same Pandemic in Devon as it is in Cheltenham and Northampton as they are happy making money for there match behind closed doors as they have the right people to think ahead.
When the topic of cardboard cut outs first came out about a month ago on another thread I too was very enthusiastic, it seemed a great gimmick.

Consider the reality and practicalities though. For the Club to do this they would need to take staff off furlough to organise and administer the scheme. That not only involves taking orders, supplying the manufacturers with details, but once delivered then installing them, post game removing and presumably sanitising,them and making arrangements for collection by those fans wishing to retain theirs. At the end of the day the returns would be marginal, particularly when considered against the sheer efforts involved.

Now given the structure and ownership model of the Club, we no doubt could achieve this by a volunteer effort ( would you be prepared to join in ?), even then some involvement would be needed by the Club's staff simply to oversee the installation and removal if nothing else. Furthermore at this moment in time there is still no certainty that the play offs will actually take place.

This is not to say that I wouldn't support such a scheme, although I would weigh up whether it might be more beneficial to simply donate a whole £25 to the Club, rather than them receive just a fraction in the form of profit.

Not wishing to be totally negative, I would like to float a further idea, which could even run in parallel to a cut out sheme. How about producing a bumper edition souvenir programme for the home match, which fans can subscribe to and have their photo printed inside, and receive by mail. Set a minimum price to allow fans to donate more if they wish. That way all costs plus a reasonable profit margin can be achieved before production , and any further sales to collectors or maybe don't wish to have their photos included will be the "icing and cherry on top".

The more ideas that we can come with the better. UTC !