• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Car Park Indicators - What's the point?

older-codger

Drove into town this morning. Passing indicator at top of Heavitree noted "Priincesshay CP - 240 spaces"

Paris St. roundabout noted - "Princesshay CP - 497 spaces"... (thinks ...257 cars left while I drove non-stop from Heavitree to Paris St - must have all gone a different way since there wasn't much traffic on Heavitree Road.)

Dix's Field - Princesshay CP - 139 spaces.... (hmmm 358 cars parked there while I drove up Paris Street... where did they come from since they weren't in Paris Street.)

Seems to me that this is completely pointless and a classic example of a waste of my council tax.

ecfc01

Drove into town this morning. Passing indicator at top of Heavitree noted "Priincesshay CP - 240 spaces"

Paris St. roundabout noted - "Princesshay CP - 497 spaces"... (thinks ...257 cars left while I drove non-stop from Heavitree to Paris St - must have all gone a different way since there wasn't much traffic on Heavitree Road.)

Dix's Field - Princesshay CP - 139 spaces.... (hmmm 358 cars parked there while I drove up Paris Street... where did they come from since they weren't in Paris Street.)

Seems to me that this is completely pointless and a classic example of a waste of my council tax.
the things people moan about.

I don't think its a fair point.

Are you trying to say they lie?

older-codger

My moan is that cuts are being made while my council tax is being wasted on something that has no useful purpose!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You sure they indicate car park spaces, and not shops that still remain open?

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
the things people moan about.

I don't think its a fair point.

Are you trying to say they lie?
?? Well I completely agree with the original post, these things cost money and don't provide correct information. I have noticed this almost every day when i drive to work and back.
Its not lying, and a machine is not capable of knowing what a lie is, it just doesnt work, end of.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
my council tax is being wasted on something that has no useful purpose!
That's a bit harsh, Codge old bean.

I mean, they give some of the drones at County Hall endless amusement, changing the numbers to confuse the unwary.....and then enjoying the ensuing chaos on their (many) CCTV screens.

PS: BTW, Did you accidentaly forget the punch-line to your unhapy tale?:
"And then, when I finally got there, it said "FULL"

Last edited:

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
The sign on Heavitree road on Saturday said that there were 700 odd free spaces at King William. While I can't dispute the factual accuracy it would be useful if they mentioned it was shut.

older-codger

Nah - I found a space immediately on level 1 - didn't count how many spaces were free on other floors.

As a further aside, even if the numbers were correct (which they clearly are not) it doesn't say how many are for shopmobility users or those with children that are reserved spaces.

Complete waste of time and money