• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Cans for City' - revived

budegrecian

Brilliant work, well done.

Andy_H

The last batch of cans, which totaled 9 dumpy bags of crushed cans, plus about 15 bin liners of uncrushed cans, were collected by ECC a couple of weeks ago. My guesstimate of around 600kg was 'slightly' out but nonetheless we still sent away 510kg, which has netted us a further £413.10p for Cans4City, helping us to get well past our target for 2020/21 season of £2021, and closer to a staggering £3k that is ploughed back into small projects and items for ECFC and the ECFC Community.

This latest monies will be going to purchase a couple of items for use at The C&F/Clifford Hill Training Ground, which the Media Team will report on once the purchases have arrived.

Additionally we have, through ECC, been able to link up with another source of supply of empty alluminium cans, which will also be reported on shortly.

Finally, a huge THANK-YOU 👋👋👋👋 to everyone who collects cans for us, be it a few cans or sackfuls, they all count.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
The last batch of cans, which totaled 9 dumpy bags of crushed cans, plus about 15 bin liners of uncrushed cans, were collected by ECC a couple of weeks ago. My guesstimate of around 600kg was 'slightly' out but nonetheless we still sent away 510kg, which has netted us a further £413.10p for Cans4City, helping us to get well past our target for 2020/21 season of £2021, and closer to a staggering £3k that is ploughed back into small projects and items for ECFC and the ECFC Community.

This latest monies will be going to purchase a couple of items for use at The C&F/Clifford Hill Training Ground, which the Media Team will report on once the purchases have arrived.

Additionally we have, through ECC, been able to link up with another source of supply of empty alluminium cans, which will also be reported on shortly.

Finally, a huge THANK-YOU 👋👋👋👋 to everyone who collects cans for us, be it a few cans or sackfuls, they all count.
Andy..Are we still collecting ?

Dropped some off this morning & was going to do my Sunday sweep later.

Andy_H

Andy..Are we still collecting ?

Dropped some off this morning & was going to do my Sunday sweep later.
Yes, very much so, we also have a collecting cage at The Coop in Old Tiverton Rd, by the Student block, which seems to be constantly full!
Thanks for your contribution.

DB9

With the amount of cans you've collected Andy, We can safely say Exeter as a City likes a drink! :ROFLMAO:

Andy Holloway

With the amount of cans you've collected Andy, We can safely say Exeter as a City likes a drink! :ROFLMAO:
..or two, or three..............

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

Excellent work.
You would be amazed at the amount of aluminium cans that are just dumped in hedges & roadsides over the week.

Andy_H

Our 'man on the inside', Matt Hulland, went to Branscombe this morning to collect an incredible 5 dumby bags of alluminium cans that the folks from The Sea Shanty Beach Restaurant & Tea Rooms have collected for us. This weighed in at a brilliant 250kg, which, at the current price of aluminium of £880 per ton, bolsters the Cans4City funds by £220 in one hit.
A huge thank-you to The Sea Shanty and please Grecians, if you go for a day out at Branscombe then please use their facility and say thanks to them for helping out the Cans4City initiative.

Cans4City is always on the look-out for small ECFC and local community related projects to support, if you have any [sensible] ideas then please pm me.
With the Christian Eriksen incident still fresh in everyone's minds, we'll be donating a sum to any ECFC proposal to provide any more defibrillators for installation at ECFC properties.

DB9

Our 'man on the inside', Matt Hulland, went to Branscombe this morning to collect an incredible 5 dumby bags of alluminium cans that the folks from The Sea Shanty Beach Restaurant & Tea Rooms have collected for us. This weighed in at a brilliant 250kg, which, at the current price of aluminium of £880 per ton, bolsters the Cans4City funds by £220 in one hit.
A huge thank-you to The Sea Shanty and please Grecians, if you go for a day out at Branscombe then please use their facility and say thanks to them for helping out the Cans4City initiative.

Cans4City is always on the look-out for small ECFC and local community related projects to support, if you have any [sensible] ideas then please pm me.
With the Christian Eriksen incident still fresh in everyone's minds, we'll be donating a sum to any ECFC proposal to provide any more defibrillators for installation at ECFC properties.
If this weather keeps up and combine that with the Euros, Your can count should swell quite nicely Andy.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, very much so, we also have a collecting cage at The Coop in Old Tiverton Rd, by the Student block, which seems to be constantly full!
Thanks for your contribution.
I have some more to drop by tomorrow so I hope the co-op cage is not completely full.