• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Cans for City' - revived

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
As i said in the initial post the money made from this scheme will go into special projects and NOT the general [i'll leave a gap here for G/Jay to edit in 'for Taggy's bolly fund'!] club funds. These projects will be the type of things that EXTRA funds would have been asked for by way of appeals to fans, or items to help the accadamy/youth team etc.

As the Tescos advert says; 'Every little helps'.

Andy
Ok one more time...If the board/management wern't taking such huge salaries then we wouldn't need to beg for £400 would we.

Andy Holloway

Ok one more time...If the board/management wern't taking such huge salaries then we wouldn't need to beg for £400 would we.
PROOF, PROOF, PROOF. Not just wild assumptions but something that would stand up in a court of law. B]
I,m sure that Mr John Fry, Chairman & Director, and Mr Gary Johnson, Manager, plus the other Directors and Coaching Staff at YTFC are in fact ALL working for absolutely nothing and treat their club as the benificiary of their good will! Or maybe not!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Andy, you need to stop biting. Jay will just keep baiting the hook forever and a day.
Personally, I thing that any scheme which brings money into the Club, be that five pounds or five hundred, is a good thing.

Andy,

I wish you well with the project but I would still question how much it will really make. The club could be doing so much more, massive Friday booze session today, could be £10 entry tonight or a free pint for every adult etc. I pick and choose my home games as the thought of lining the pockets of the Tis/Perryman/Tagg brigade makes me sick, we all know the salaries are crazy for a tin pot Trust run club. I know many people that feel the same and stay away after years of loyal attendance, I will attend a few away games and no longer subscribe to the Trust.

You must have great determination and genuinely I wish you well but the fact that if we had 20 more through the gates tonight would equate to 45,000 cans! Good luck with the project.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Prior to tagg/chorlton/norrie's appointment. Dacre was running the cans for city. East Devon Grecians have been raising funds for years for equipment and other projects. Regardless of whether the money had been spent on suits or not. There has always been a need to raise extra money for these projects.

Last edited:

Rog H K

Prior to tagg/chorlton/norrie's appointment. Dacre was running the cans for city. East Devon Grecians have been raising funds for years for equipment and other projects. Regardless of whether the money had been spent on suits or not. There has always been a need to raise extra money for these projects.
Shabba, I was doing the cans for City.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shabba, I was doing the cans for City.
Apologies Rog. I remember there being a collection point at the C&F and remember hearing Dacre's name mentioned when it was being spoke about.

However, I did see your earliest post yet still missed the fact you were doing it. I shall put it down to the painkillers.

Andy Holloway

Just bringing it to the top again ahead of both the New Year's Eve celebrations then closely followed by the game against Wycombe at SJP.

Here's wishing all Grecians a Happy New Year's eve and don't forget to only drink canned beer/lager/softies and then you can bring all your empty aluminium cans along to The Park tomorrow afternoon. The collecting cages will be in the same places as at the Chesterfield game; The Stadium Way turnstiles, Red Square and inside the ground at the top of Jungle Path. Apologies to anybody using the OG but H & S restrictions prevent us from placing a cage any closer to the OG turnstiles.

Andy

heathy1

So how has this been going so far then? Got a shed load to bring again tomorrow

heathy1

Is this still even running?, had to search for the cages last saturday which were hidden away inside Red square, even more worryingly they were in with what it seemed to be City's general rubbish, are these cans even being collected by anyone? cos i'll be ****ed if im lugging them up to Exeter just to be put out for ECC!! Complete Farce at the moment bring back legends like Rog HK and Barry Sansom!!