• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Cans for City' - revived

Andy_H

FYI.
I'm sure you all already knew what it was, but just in case!

Sweeper KM 70/20 C - Kärcher
https://www.kaercher.com › int › km-70-20-c-15171060

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perfect gift for the little lady 😉🤣🤣🤣

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Which goes to prove that you never can predict what you are going to come across next on Exeweb ! :)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is that the sweeper that Ben Seymour is training to become?

Andy_H

Is that the sweeper that Ben Seymour is training to become?
Oh leaf it out!

Andy_H

Our next collection of Cans will be on Tuesday 30th November, just in time to catch the record price for sorted aluminium of £1000 per tonne, or £1 per kilo. A kilo is roughly 67 drinks cans - Coke/Pepsi size.

We have approx 10 dumpy bags worth already, plus what gets dropped off at SJP in the next 14 days so possibly, at least. another 2 dumpy bags.

So get around your friends & families and get those empty drinks cans up to SJP.

100% of the monies we receive goes towards projects & financial help for ECFC & ECFC Related Community work.

We have a couple of new projects in hand that i'll update on in a couple of weeks.

Andy_H

First the good news;
Last Tuesday ECC collected our latest batch of Can and, the 11 dumpy bags full amounted to a total of 620kg! Converted to hard cash that works out at £620. The November price of sorted Aluminium was £1000 pt, sadly it has dropped by £100 pt for Dec, but even that is a very healthy price. Today we have also had a further 40kg collected from our 'Alphington' collection point, which brought in a very welcome £36.

Sadly, we have recently lost one of our dedicated 'collectors' Karen Roast who collected from friends, family & anyone who donated, in Alphington and area. Karen has been collecting for Can4City for many years, but family circumstances mean that she has had to 'retire'. However we do, i am told, have another willing volunteer who has stepped up to the plate to take over Karen's reins and i'll post her name when i get the 'all clear'. Everyone involved with Cans4City would like to say a huge 'THANK-YOU' to Karen for all her hard work over the years, not only with Cans but ECFC in general, you'll be sourly missed.

So with Christmas coming up and the amount of games for ECFC to complete, whether you're celebrating or drowning your sorrows, please, please hang onto your empty drinks cans and get them to SJP.

budegrecian

Living in Cornwall, I have not had anything to do with this initiative, great as it it.
Likewise, I've never previously heard of Karen, but it's her and others like her that makes ECFC special.
It would be easy, in the current era, of selling academy graduates for big money, to not put the effort into these initiatives, but these fantastic volunteers keep doing it and it is still important.
Well done each and every one of them.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I now have half a shed full of cans - just need to get down to Exeter to drop them off

Andy_H

I now have half a shed full of cans - just need to get down to Exeter to drop them off
Sounds good, ordinary garden shed or aircraft hanger size?