• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Cans for City' - revived

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have some more to drop by tomorrow so I hope the co-op cage is not completely full.
I don't know about the cage but the shop has been struggling to keep up with demand for canned bevvies for the last week so they're certainly selling well in the area!

Oldsmobile-88

I will be doing my sweep later.It’s insane the amount of cans that are just left in hedges & on the road.

Andy just a suggestion.To save on volume & space it would it be better if people crushed them before dropping them off ?
(Standing on them would suffice)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've got several carriers to drop off when next up in God's fair city (all duly squashed olds)- whenever that is?

Andy_H

I have some more to drop by tomorrow so I hope the co-op cage is not completely full.
If it is then i'll be at SJP clearing the last weeks 'deposit's' of cans, drop by and say hello!

Andy_H

I will be doing my sweep later.It’s insane the amount of cans that are just left in hedges & on the road.

Andy just a suggestion.To save on volume & space it would it be better if people crushed them before dropping them off ?
(Standing on them would suffice)
I always say to people; "imagine that the face of the person you 'hate' most is on the top of the can grinning at you, now stamp on it!"

Oldsmobile-88

Latest...

Andy Holloway

Latest...

Please explain what it says for non members, I don' t do feaces book!

Oldsmobile-88

Please explain what it says for non members, I don' t do feaces book!
B6D6B0C6-476B-460C-96E4-6925F6F55E84.jpeg

Andy_H

Thanks Olds.
This is a 'last & final' call for cans to be dropped off at SJP or OTR CooP in time for our next collection by ECC next Tuesday. Currently we have 10 full dumpy bags of crushed cans, which is roughly about 550kg/£480 approx, so with 7 days to go and a load being dropped off tomorrow from one of our regular collectors, we should be able to fill another dumpy bag before next Tuesday's deadline.
Then it's all systems go for next year and try to beat this years amount, with fans back at SJP soon - hopefully - we should be able to match it at least.
A huge Thank-You to everyone who contributes, be that a few cans here & there or, bags full from serious drinking sessions!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

am upto 15 bags now - hope to get down early next season 👍