• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Can you help name the players

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hi folks,
The club are looking to name these players

Back Row L to r Reg Tilt, ?, Chris Gillard, Frank May, Dave Tucker, ? John Gillard, Bill Webber, Seated ?, ? John Dodds, ? Mike Radford is the best so far.

Colesman Ballz

Hi folks,
View attachment 3154

Back Row L to r Reg Tilt, ?, Chris Gillard, Frank May, Dave Tucker, ? John Gillard, Bill Webber, Seated ?, ? John Dodds, ? Mike Radford is the best so far.
Did the A Team, play with "rush goalies" back then as they are all outfield players, unless the old geezer on the left is Pate of course ?

On a serious note "Rightwing" may be able to help ?

Grecian 1901

Frank May was the goalkeeper.

PeteUSA

Frank May was the goalkeeper.
Frank May was on Citys books but never progressed very far. He did however serve a number of top amateur teams (Not Sunday League!) A very capable keeper; sadly no longer with us.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hi folks,
View attachment 3154

CB, this is the 1960-61 team. I played in 1961-62. Financial constraints meant that the club was reorganized in 61-62 and only ran a reserve team, headed by Reg Tilt. I obviously recognize a few of the well known names here but all these players had left in 61-62 with the exception of Johnnie Dodds. Sorry but I don't recognize any with question marks.

Grecian 1901

Frank May was on Citys books but never progressed very far. He did however serve a number of top amateur teams (Not Sunday League!) A very capable keeper; sadly no longer with us.
Thank you here is what we have on Frank, with some more recent photos, thanks to his family and Devon and Exeter League.

Grecian 1901

CB, this is the 1960-61 team. I played in 1961-62. Financial constraints meant that the club was reorganized in 61-62 and only ran a reserve team, headed by Reg Tilt. I obviously recognize a few of the well known names here but all these players had left in 61-62 with the exception of Johnnie Dodds. Sorry but I don't recognize any with question marks.
Spot on, The reserves played in the Exeter and district league. And the closest we have to a team photo is 3F1D9EED-BB8A-44A3-B299-6CC3727C65DF.jpeg
And the new signings

Grecian 1901

Spot on, The reserves played in the Exeter and district league. And the closest we have to a team photo is View attachment 3171
And the new signings
4496CFBE-A644-4FA7-858A-506B18F1309A.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

Wrong thread