• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very important to make the most of this. We need more players and they are more likely to be loans than permanent signings. The pitch can be 'your previously injured out of form player can be transformed by a regular spell playing for us - you know loaning him to us for peanuts makes football sense for him and you'.
More loan signings don't succeed with us than do. For every Cam Dawson, you've got a Raheem Harper. Also your sales pitch could apply to any club not just ECFC, that's the whole point of the loan market.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the credit should go to Cam rather than us, all we did was give him game time.

I think a loan being successful or not is usually more down to the individual.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
More loan signings don't succeed with us than do. For every Cam Dawson, you've got a Raheem Harper. Also your sales pitch could apply to any club not just ECFC, that's the whole point of the loan market.
Ha! I did think of adding a reference to Rekeem Harper in my post, as its a fair point, but decided against that negative thought! On the sales pitch for ECFC its also 'look at Cameron Dawson,Dara O'Shea to show what can and does actually happen following a loan at ECFC

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dawson was a good age to come on loan to us. I often think it must be really difficult for a 19 or 20 year old to go out on loan.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Since his appearance at SJP Dawson has played every game for Wednesday.

In League One he's played 7 games, conceding ...erm... a grand total of one goal.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Cam for helping give us Grecians something to cheer about tonight !

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dawson was a good age to come on loan to us. I often think it must be really difficult for a 19 or 20 year old to go out on loan.
True but I guess it is all about the “school of hard knocks”

Bridgy 81

What a turnaround in Cam’s career.
Seemingly out in the cold 18 months ago at Wednesday following a previously injury ravaged season.
Then loaned to us, almost ever present, a promotion and a subsequent return to his parent club where he’s regained the #1 jersey and is currently flying high at the top of the table.
I reckon he and Wednesday are almost bound to be in the Championship next season.
Couldn’t have happened to a nicer bloke and a better goalie.
I’m just pleased he was able to help us and we were able to help him.

StudentGrecian

He looked a class above and it’s no surprise he’s continued that trend for me. Saved us so many points in the promotion year.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Cam for helping give us Grecians something to cheer about tonight !
Just a shame that Ipswich dropped points as well and are struggling to put pressure on our 'friends' down the road. Hopefully, Derby can keep up their stunning form and snatch second place.