• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, but what he might fear is that in the Championship Wednesday will want to bring in somebody else as first choice and have Dawson as cover sat on the bench all season...
Then why would Darren Moore say he was coming back to Wednesday, Surely if he wasn't to be at least in contention of challenging for the No1 shirt Moore's statement would have been more vague? I think Cam have proved himself with the amount of clean sheets he's kept and I'd imagine those at Wednesday have enough reports on his loan spell than us mere fans. I'd love him to stay but Cam was a Chamionship goalie and if he's the person he seems to be he'll want that again, He's loved his time with us, A whole season as our No1, Shown his quality and if Wednesday keep him bench warming then he'll go somewhere else but i'm afraid it won't be with us.

andrew p long

Then why would Darren Moore say he was coming back to Wednesday, Surely if he wasn't to be at least in contention of challenging for the No1 shirt Moore's statement would have been more vague? I think Cam have proved himself with the amount of clean sheets he's kept and I'd imagine those at Wednesday have enough reports on his loan spell than us mere fans. I'd love him to stay but Cam was a Chamionship goalie and if he's the person he seems to be he'll want that again, He's loved his time with us, A whole season as our No1, Shown his quality and if Wednesday keep him bench warming then he'll go somewhere else but i'm afraid it won't be with us.
Because Championship clubs need two keepers capable of playing at Championship level, one on the pitch and another on the bench.. (I'd love it if Dawson came back here, but just don't see it happening)

DB9

Because Championship clubs need two keepers capable of playing at Championship level, one on the pitch and another on the bench.. (I'd love it if Dawson came back here, but just don't see it happening)
I know that, All i'm saying is that Darren Moore was quite specific about Cam going back, To me that does not sound like a manager who doesn't rate him.

Rosencrantz

I think Darren Moore's intention was always to get Cam games to prove fitness and gain confidence before taking another look back at Sheff Wed. It's gone so well maybe he will try it again. How good is Joe Wildersmith then 😉

Agent Andy

Yes, but what he might fear is that in the Championship Wednesday will want to bring in somebody else as first choice and have Dawson as cover sat on the bench all season...
Not now he’s got a whole season under his belt.
I work with a massive shef we’d fan and he said now he’s proved he’s injury free and the fact their getting rid of Wildsmith in the summer Dawson will be given every chance to be no1, he’s just got to take it .

Red Devon

Not now he’s got a whole season under his belt.
I work with a massive shef we’d fan and he said now he’s proved he’s injury free and the fact their getting rid of Wildsmith in the summer Dawson will be given every chance to be no1, he’s just got to take it .
Anybody know much about Wildsmith?

older-codger

Anybody know much about Wildsmith?
He wasn't considered good enough for Wednesday in League 1

Rosencrantz

Sam Stubbs wasn't considered good enough for L1 by Fleetwood, Jevani wasn't good enough for L2 in Colchester's opinion, Dawson wasn't considered good enough for L1 this season. The examples go on. Sometimes a player just needs a club that they feel comfortable at to perform. Realistically we nearly always sign a player who isn't good enough for someone.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Sam Stubbs wasn't considered good enough for L1 by Fleetwood, Jevani wasn't good enough for L2 in Colchester's opinion, Dawson wasn't considered good enough for L1 this season. The examples go on. Sometimes a player just needs a club that they feel comfortable at to perform. Realistically we nearly always sign a player who isn't good enough for someone.
Exactly so! And Tim Dieng had seen two successive relegations before he came to us. I think you could say, quite fairly, that he has enjoyed some success with us?

Red Devon

Was ahead of Cam in the Wednesday pecking order though.