• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
The City fans at Northampton did their best - long and loud chants of 'Cameron Dawson we want you to stay' both in the warm up and during breaks in play when City were defending the away end. He heard it loud and clear.

Couldn't help thinking of the contrast with what our Northern Correspondent described - when Cam played for Wednesday there were chants of the name of their other keeper! If only we could make the money sums add up - but I, like others, don't think that's going to be possible.

Cowshed Grecian

I don't think its beyond the realms of possibility that he will stay, its all down to Wednesday-whats their plan for him? If they stay down i think he will be their No 1 again next season. If they go up i can see him being here.

Bridgy 81

I don't think its beyond the realms of possibility that he will stay, its all down to Wednesday-whats their plan for him? If they stay down i think he will be their No 1 again next season. If they go up i can see him being here.
Let’s hope Wednesday go up then, but even if you’re right I can only see him being here on loan again.

Cowshed Grecian

Let’s hope Wednesday go up then, but even if you’re right I can only see him being here on loan again.
More in hope than anything, his stock has gone up massively i would imagine. That's his first full successful season as a No 1 lets pray we can get him on loan again.

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Darren Moore has confirmed that Dawson will go back to Wednesday for pre-season

David Treharne

The City fans at Northampton did their best - long and loud chants of 'Cameron Dawson we want you to stay' both in the warm up and during breaks in play when City were defending the away end. He heard it loud and clear.
For me, one of the most affecting scenes of a season (in which there have been many!). Cam was obviously trying to stay 'in the zone', but the singing was loud, sincere and he must have been aware of it. That said, as many others have posted here, he was sent out on loan to try and improve his concentration and overall play and it's no wonder that Wednesday want him back to have a look at what he's achieved, which has been immense. That moment at Northampton took me back to the Gary Alexander loan period, except that the fan base has grown since then and seem much more vocal.

iscalad

Heard that he hopes Wednesday get promoted. This will severely limit his game time and he would hope, in this scenario, that they would loan him back here for another season.

andrew p long

I hadn't realised Cameron Dawson was a parent - he was carrying a young child in the lap of honour yesterday.

Anyone know whether his wife/partner and child relocated down here for the season?

Agent Andy

Heard that he hopes Wednesday get promoted. This will severely limit his game time and he would hope, in this scenario, that they would loan him back here for another season.
Why would it limit his game time , surely he would want to be no1 in a championship side and he’s good enough .
Basically he’s saying he’s not good enough for the championship in that case . Reckon he’ll give it a good go first .

andrew p long

Why would it limit his game time , surely he would want to be no1 in a championship side and he’s good enough .
Basically he’s saying he’s not good enough for the championship in that case . Reckon he’ll give it a good go first .
Yes, but what he might fear is that in the Championship Wednesday will want to bring in somebody else as first choice and have Dawson as cover sat on the bench all season...