• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

Cowshed Grecian

One factor in all this might be the effect of Sheffield Wednesday getting promoted. If they believe he is surplus to requirements or not good enough for the Championship, it could leave the door open for some negotiation.
Absolutely. We all need to be getting behind Sheff Wed in the play offs. However Dawson has been that good, I wouldn’t be surprised if there isn’t clubs queuing up ready to offer money to sign him.

older-codger

Our Northern England Correspondent may be able to confirm, but from what I have heard Cam is currently on 5K per week and if Sheff Wed make it to the Championship that will double to 10K. Can't see SW paying out that amount without either using him or selling or loaning for a price commensurate with his salary

Grecianpasty

The only way Dawson stays is if Wednesday get promoted.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is he a marquee signing?
Yes dommers

fred binneys head

I can’t see a way that Cam will be with us next season, the truth is that he’s too good for a club like ours, funded like we are. He deserves to be paid more than we can afford. But Christ it’s been awesome having him here this season and if we can somehow keep him for another year I’ll be delighted.

dommers

Yes dommers
Thanks for for bringing that up. He's clearly had a significant role in us getting up and is good enough for league 1 (if not higher), hence why the Sheff Wed manager is keen to have him battling for the number one post next year. I hope we can find someone else as good next year.

Grecian Max

Thanks for for bringing that up. He's clearly had a significant role in us getting up and is good enough for league 1 (if not higher), hence why the Sheff Wed manager is keen to have him battling for the number one post next year. I hope we can find someone else as good next year.
Hopefully not Jokull who was miles off L1 imo

dommers

Hopefully not Jokull who was miles off L1 imo
That we can agree on. Jokull might be OK for league two but not higher at the moment.

Grecianpasty

Darren Moore would be stupid to send him out on loan again. If Pym was good enough to play championship last year, Dawson is more than capable of that.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Darren Moore would be stupid to send him out on loan again. If Pym was good enough to play championship last year, Dawson is more than capable of that.
Isn't Darren good mates with MT nudge, nudge, wink, wink !