• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dawson clearly has some deficiencies in his game but he is a lot better in other areas than your average League Two keeper.

His shot-stopping is good.
One-on-ones he's really good. Almost reaching Kev Miller levels.
On crosses he tries to punch too much for my liking and often ends flapping at it.
He's also a bit tardy off his line at times.

It's those moments of hesitation that at League Two level he gets away with sometimes but would probably cost him in the Championship.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We often get this on our forum ..."he's found his level"...."not good enough for the championship"

I'm interested to hear what people who say this think the differences are between a L2 keeper and a championship one?
Good question, but as someone who, apart from the very occasional England international, almost exclusively watches League 2 football I'm probably not the best person to answer it!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dawson clearly has some deficiencies in his game but he is a lot better in other areas than your average League Two keeper.

On crosses he tries to punch too much for my liking and often ends flapping at it.

It's those moments of hesitation that at League Two level he gets away with sometimes but would probably cost him in the Championship.
Cam Dawson is clearly a very good keeper but what sets him apart is his consistency, his calmness, his game management and the way he organises the rest of the defence.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

You are PeteUsa apprentice I claim my $5

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
It might also be a case of getting off on the right foot with everyone and playing with confidence. The fans have been behind him from the start and any slight error he might have made at times quickly forgiven as there was plenty of credit in the bank such was his early season form.

He also has a very good relationship with the defence where there seems to be plenty of mutual confidence in each other. His slight weakness at crosses has certainly been helped over the season by first George Ray and now Sam Stubbs pretty much getting their heads to everything not to mention Sweenz, Alex, Grounds and Cheick. And when they do slip up, Cam has been there to bail them out more often than not.

Coppers

I've heard there is a good chance of Pym returning.
He signed a 3 year deal not long after he was frozen out so would probably need to pay a fee and match his wage. I thought he would possibly cone back until I found out he is on a long contract.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
He signed a 3 year deal not long after he was frozen out so would probably need to pay a fee and match his wage. I thought he would possibly cone back until I found out he is on a long contract.
More accurately he signed a 4.5 year contract in January 2020 when he was playing regularly in the Championship for Wednesday - see the reports from Wiki and the BBC. Hence suggestions that his wages are sky high, some saying as much as 500k per year.

cameron dawson signs four year deal

(he had 3 years left when he signed on loan for City)

More accurately he signed a 4.5 year contract in January 2020 when he was playing regularly in the Championship for Wednesday - see the reports from Wiki and the BBC. Hence suggestions that his wages are sky high, some saying as much as 500k per year.

cameron dawson signs four year deal

(he had 3 years left when he signed on loan for City)
You're talking about a different player to others!!

tonykellowfan

I see most people have forgotton about his panicky air punch that nearly cost us recently.

I see most people have forgotton about his panicky air punch that nearly cost us recently.
Christ on a bike, you should join our forum. I suspect no one has forgotten it at all, but they take a more holistic view and one error doesn't wipe out 25+ positive contributions