• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Comforting to have a keeper who is so solid and confident. I am sure that Cam's ability helps the defence in front of him play better.

Grecian2K

Comforting to have a keeper who is so solid and confident. I am sure that Cam's ability helps the defence in front of him play better.
Talking of which, were has dear old Pate disappeared to lately?

Reactions: WXF

iscalad

Talking of which, were has dear old Pate disappeared to lately?
He was on the match day thread. Clean sheet innit

Grecian_in_Plymouth

I'm on the radio in Yorkshire ( Penistone FM) 9am SAT with the local reporter ( who deals with Sheff Wed and no Doubt Cam will be a topic of conversation)

andrew p long

I'm on the radio in Yorkshire ( Penistone FM) 9am SAT with the local reporter ( who deals with Sheff Wed and no Doubt Cam will be a topic of conversation)
I'm surprised that message got through Exeweb's obscenity filter!

Grecian Max

Scenario: Josh Key goes for £1m+ this Jan

What are the chances we could get Cam in on a 3 year for say 100k? Would back a fee for him as he's that good, and a 2/3 year deal would mean Lee could look to become our no.1 by 18/19

SaintJames

What are the chances we could get Cam in on a 3 year for say 100k? Would back a fee for him as he's that good, and a 2/3 year deal would mean Lee could look to become our no.1 by 18/19
I would love to see Cam here in a more permanant capacity. However, pretty sure his agent could get him a top L1 club that's if Wednesday even contemplated letting him go. I assume we are only paying a smallish percentage of his supposed £10k a week deal?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even Cammy thinks we might catch the Vegans https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-cameron-dawson-future-23172069

Headline a bit misleading in that he is signed onto 2024 with the Owls, so why would they be discussing contracts yet even, only thing they need to discuss is his progress and how it fits into their needs for the next two years

Perhaps the devon live article from which the northern one was copied sheds a better light on his position https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/cameron-dawson-exeter-city-future-6691761

Last edited:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would love to see Cam here in a more permanant capacity. However, pretty sure his agent could get him a top L1 club that's if Wednesday even contemplated letting him go. I assume we are only paying a smallish percentage of his supposed £10k a week deal?
I think we would all love to see Dawson here beyond this season. He's a top top gk at lge 2 level and would comfortably fit into most league one sides and would be a very useful addition whether in lge 2 or 1 next season.

Unfortunately I find it unlikely he will be here next season

andrew p long

Its the wages that are the first problem. Cam signed an expensive 4 year deal when he was Wednesday's first choice keeper in the Championship. That will be megabucks, somebody said 500k per year (a comparison is Jayden Stockley who was on 350k per year when with Preston in the Championship)