• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
They were. They just didn't lead to a goal until more recently. Dawson is a decent keeper for our standard, nothing more. He's not worthy of the God-like status bestowed upon him by some.
I think this is a bit harsh. I watched him in the home games vs Bradford, FGR, Bristol Rovers and Sutton where I don’t recall him looking anything other than excellent. His performance against Bristol R especially was outstanding.

Admittedly he had a mare against Newport and has made a couple of errors since, but was seemingly back to his best on Saturday.

If we were to go up to L1 and we had the option to sign him permanently, I’d be extremely keen to get the deal done.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would be very surprised if that was actually any more than a couple at most :) Dawson played 50 games in the Championship suggesting his manager at the time felt he had the necessary ability. Football is a matter of opinions and I feel Cam is at least League One level but my opinion compared to a professional Manager at Championship level isn't comparable :)
But personally I feel your opinion, is worth a lot more than say some aging amateur on the other side of the "Big Pond" ! :)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
It didn't make him a bad goalie, it made him a cnut.
I don't know about that he was pretty **** poor in the 2-0 (3 goals disallowed) rout at SJP. Happy days :):):)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know about that he was pretty **** poor in the 2-0 (3 goals disallowed) rout at SJP. Happy days :):):)
He was already a **** poor goalie when he joined them though. See the deflected goal we conceded in the 1990 WC semi final where he somehow made himself shorter than he already was.

fred binneys head

He was already a **** poor goalie when he joined them though. See the deflected goal we conceded in the 1990 WC semi final where he somehow made himself shorter than he already was.
And the Maradona goal where he was outjumped by a 3' 6" midget who rested his arm on top of his head. ****.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This thread has some interesting thoughts on our new favourite goalkeeper, particularly this last comment.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
And the Maradona goal where he was outjumped by a 3' 6" midget who rested his arm on top of his head. ****.
They used to tell a story at Plymouth Argyle, going back to the days when Peter Shilton had been placed in charge of the team, that offers a little snapshot perhaps of how sometimes even the greats of the sport can lose their sheen once they dabble in the unforgiving world of football management.

Shilton was player-manager, or rather goalkeeper-manager, at the time. Plymouth were slipping into trouble in the old Third Division, the fingers of relegation closing round their necks for the second time in three years, and Shilton was trying to encourage his players to believe they could clamber away from the bottom three and rise like a “pheasant from the flames”.

After a slightly awkward silence, someone tentatively pointed out the word he might have been looking for was “phoenix”. Shilton, standing in front of his players as a double European Cup winner and the record England appearance-maker, paused for a few moments to take it in, the realisation dawning that his motivational speech had not gone quite as planned. He needed a line to reassert his authority. “I knew it began with an F,” he said.

SaintJames

www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-cameron-dawson-exeter-22235201

Sheffield Wed themselves doing very nicely on a seven game run in the league and sitting one place outside the play off's. Purely hypothetical but if we were to get promoted to league one abd Wednesday to the Championship I wonder if we could get him back for another season on loan? I think a permanant move may be wishful thinking

grecIAN Harris

www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-cameron-dawson-exeter-22235201

Sheffield Wed themselves doing very nicely on a seven game run in the league and sitting one place outside the play off's. Purely hypothetical but if we were to get promoted to league one abd Wednesday to the Championship I wonder if we could get him back for another season on loan? I think a permanant move may be wishful thinking
Maybe that depends on what division and financial footing we're on and how much Cam might be prepared to come financially to meet us.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster

That's how I see it too. If Cam continues to do well for us, then it stands to reason that one of the "bigger" clubs in the midlands / Sheffield area may well come in for him. Sadly if that were to occur, we would not be able to compete on transfer fees and wages.