• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
“I was there for half a season and didn’t play but was just there for a first look at men’s football and that environment. While I did a spell I didn’t play for them and I am definitely on the red and white side of things now.

“Having never played for them, you don’t build up the affinity to a club you don’t represent. I gave my all but never went onto the pitch for them and I didn’t feel like an Argyle player. I was only young and learnt a lot from it but I never felt like I contributed to them.”

I love this from our new favourite keeper.
Those green bar stewards happen to be playing Sheffield Wednesday today too

ryancooper327

Great signing.

SaintJames

Yet ANOTHER clean sheet for a top top signing

cannockred

Was watching my local team. Mijas, on sunday. One of the guys who i went with's son is the performance and recruitment analyst at wedneday.

i mentioned how poor cam had been all season and really could do with spending the whole season to get his confidence up.😊

the reply was that he was doing an f-ing damn sight better than Westwood or bailly-peacock or whatever he is called .

I tried guys 😇

Was watching my local team. Mijas, on sunday. One of the guys who i went with's son is the performance and recruitment analyst at wedneday.

i mentioned how poor cam had been all season and really could do with spending the whole season to get his confidence up.😊

the reply was that he was doing an f-ing damn sight better than Westwood or bailly-peacock or whatever he is called .

I tried guys 😇
He’s not wrong…..Westwood is, I believe, without a club and Peacock Farrell who was adored by the Westwood lovers for not being Dawson or Wildsmith (I.e. Westwoods competition last season) has gone from their hero to zero very rapidly…..at fault for the first 2 goals in a 3-0 defeat at Plymouth and for Shrewsbury’s equaliser on Saturday

if you want some hope it’s a fair bet that Pope won’t be being replaced by a recalled Peacock Farrell any time this decade so we may be stuck with him for the season

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wondering if Wednesday will let him play for us in the FA Cup...

CraigECFC

Here’s a bit from Dawson in an article on ‘The Athletic’

“I have stepped into the squad here as a relatively senior player in the group, it’s quite a young team and they bring a lot of people through the academy here. It’s nice to help the younger ones where you can and be part of the group. It’s a really humble, hardworking group who try to go about things and win games in the right way. I’ve been fortunate with the help of the boys in front of me that it’s gone pretty well so far. I just came in with an open mind. The gaffer was key and it is a young group that needs a bit of a voice and some leadership behind it and I have definitely got a big voice, I can shout loud so that’s good.”

Dawson already has an impressive highlight reel including a fantastic double save from close range from his debut against Bradford City which kept Matt Taylor’s side in the game on the way to a 0-0 draw. League games have so far proved more physical than he is used to from his Championship appearances but the biggest shock to the system so far has been the lengthy away trips from Devon, which Dawson describes as “horrific.”

After successive League Two finishes in 9th, 5th and 9th, this could be the season for City to finally land a shot at League One with Walsall the next challengers this weekend.

“I don’t think there is pressure at a football club like this particularly,” Dawson says. “They are fan-owned and run very well so they’re financially stable and don’t push the budgets too far so they don’t need promotion financially. But it’s a club that has the ability and stature to mount a real promotion push. There’s real quality in the squad and we’ll keep challenging and hopefully be there towards the end of the season.”

Cameron Dawson: ‘There were mistakes and bad decisions on and off the pitch at Sheffield Wednesday last season’

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
How do we keep Cam after his loan expires ?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sheffield Wednesday probably hold all the cards on that one....it would be a big blow to lose him In January.

AmberRed

We don't, he's still got about 3 years left on his contract at £10k a week, we've got no chance!