• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

Pobbop

Andrew, good point on Grounds but playing devils advocate will he be that fit either given what Matt said himself, his injuries last season and the lateness of when he started pre-season?
he played 31 games last year, and if Dyer isn't ready to play, why is he still with us, we can't have passengers.

SaintJames

he played 31 games last year, and if Dyer isn't ready to play, why is he still with us, we can't have passengers.
could have argued the same last season about Hartridge. Not all players have the same trajectory Dyer may become ready and prove he can step in when the time comes but is is a rookie at this time

I think we will see more of Dyer this season…it’s worrying Matt doesn’t even mention Stubbs anymore. So if any of the current three centre backs start underperforming…Dyer will be in.

Pobbop

This is off-topic, so I'd like to say Welcome Cameron, hope you enjoy it here

could have argued the same last season about Hartridge. Not all players have the same trajectory Dyer may become ready and prove he can step in when the time comes but is is a rookie at this time
you seem to be making my point for me, Hartridge got game time last year at 21 when there were injuries, and came good. Dyer can hopefully do the same. You are a rookie until you play then you aren't.

scottus86

Marquee signing for me. Played in goal in the championship for over 50 games. A goalkeeper is a good place to have a game changer, it's an important position. Hopefully he'll be here all season.

Pobbop

Marquee signing for me. Played in goal in the championship for over 50 games. A goalkeeper is a good place to have a game changer, it's an important position. Hopefully he'll be here all season.
It's interesting that he can play the ball out, I think we all wanted Jokull, but not really is strength in a way this may have worked out for the best. Time will tell.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hmm, doesn't show the defence in a good light
The defence that's kept 3 clean sheets out of 5?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's interesting that he can play the ball out, I think we all wanted Jokull, but not really is strength in a way this may have worked out for the best. Time will tell.

As good as Andresson was, I believe Dawson is a better all round keeper, better even than Ward, before he went off the boil.