• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who says we can't sign Championship and League 1 players?
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Oh yeah..... Our barely missed Chimp.

fred binneys head

Excellent news and a great bit of business by Matt and the club, well done everyone involved 👍

Grecian2K

Interesting view from the other side of the deal.
Sounds a real catch (pun intended). Just a little worried about the mention of his injury.

Banksy

Interesting view from the other side of the deal.
Sounds a real catch (pun intended). Just a little worried about the mention of his injury.
Oh ye of little faith……

SaintJames

Very good signing for us. If we could just a strong dominant CH on loan to join him then happy days

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very good signing for us. If we could just a strong dominant CH on loan to join him then happy days
Given up on Stubbs already?

SaintJames

Given up on Stubbs already?
John, no quite the opposite as I fully expect the faith that Matt has invested in Stubbs will be there to see in time. However, we are where we are even if Stubbs starts full training next week he hasnt kicked a ball in how long? He hasnt had a pre season at all. He will be six weeks before he is properly match fit if we are lucky. If we are to play a 3 at the back we simply have no cover for any of Hartridge, Ray and Sweens. None of our youngsters are imo an option in the short term such as Dyer and Diabate. Therefore, for competition and for cover we need another CH I would argue on loan till Jan

andrew p long

John, no quite the opposite as I fully expect the faith that Matt has invested in Stubbs will be there to see in time. However, we are where we are even if Stubbs starts full training next week he hasnt kicked a ball in how long? He hasnt had a pre season at all. He will be six weeks before he is properly match fit if we are lucky. If we are to play a 3 at the back we simply have no cover for any of Hartridge, Ray and Sweens. None of our youngsters are imo an option in the short term such as Dyer and Diabate. Therefore, for competition and for cover we need another CH I would argue on loan till Jan
I fully understand this analysis, but would just add that Jonathan Grounds has played centre back and is cover for/challenge to Alex Hartridge for the LCB role.

Owl on peace

Hi all. I'm a sheffield wednesday fan so thought I would share my view on Dawson. A few years ago he had all the opportunity in the world to stamp a place in the Sheffield wednesday starting 11. Mainly due to westwood been sidelined by passed managers. He was battling for a first team spot with wildsmith our other young goal keeper at the time and at the beginning won the battle between them both to get the nod. He was I shall say steady he did the basics right but was always and still is prone to mistakes (even in friendlies this year). He lost is place eventually to wildsmith who remains with us as our second choice. Honestly though there's not much difference between them both. Always thought that Dawson had big gloves to fill as Westwood was amazing for the owls. He always looked nervy at times. But saying that on his day he as the potential to really progress and be at least a established championship GK. He's a good shot stopper but can often get caught out of position miss reading crosses and is kicking can be a bit all over the place at times. I think with a run of 1st team games with Exeter he will build confidence and you will have a good GK on your hands. Good look for the season. Always a soft spot for Exeter as my aunty is from there and lives down there still and often get called a grockle on my visits by her haha. hope you have a good season

SaintJames

I fully understand this analysis, but would just add that Jonathan Grounds has played centre back and is cover for/challenge to Alex Hartridge for the LCB role.
Andrew, good point on Grounds but playing devils advocate will he be that fit either given what Matt said himself, his injuries last season and the lateness of when he started pre-season?