• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

Agent Andy

Whatever Cam earns we can't afford it and the only way he'll be with us next season is if we can get him on loan again.

We need to ask as soon as the season finishes, and if its a no, then quickly move on and see if there's another top keeper from the Prem/Championship who's looking to be loaned to a L1 side.

Don't want Pym, or Jokull back here thanks, Pym looked tiny in goal when back at the park a few weeks ago.
Correct, it’s not just his salary it’s the transfer fee as well , and what happens if we get relegated first time of asking . The club is bigger than one player .
Cam is a quality keeper and if we can get him back on loan then great ,but I wouldn’t want to push the boat out and land us in trouble in the future .

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can’t see a way that Cam will be with us next season, the truth is that he’s too good for a club like ours, funded like we are. He deserves to be paid more than we can afford. But Christ it’s been awesome having him here this season and if we can somehow keep him for another year I’ll be delighted.
When we had Stockley on loan and he then moved to Aberdeen for more money than we could afford at that time I never would have expected we'd sign him a year later. Who knows?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
When we had Stockley on loan and he then moved to Aberdeen for more money than we could afford at that time I never would have expected we'd sign him a year later. Who knows?
Maybe the only way to convince Cam to come permanently, if we can afford whatever Sheffield Wednesday want for him in the first place, is to give a set fee release clause as we did for Stockley in return for giving him a salary that we can afford.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe the only way to convince Cam to come permanently, if we can afford whatever Sheffield Wednesday want for him in the first place, is to give a set fee release clause as we did for Stockley in return for giving him a salary that we can afford.
Or give him the Freedom of Exeter and choice of marrying any fair person he likes !

SaintJames

Don't want Pym, or Jokull back here thanks, Pym looked tiny in goal when back at the park a few weeks ago.
I have it on good authority from someone I know in the states that you are mistaken that Pym is Tiny. The truth is we raised the crossbar by four inches for the game to give the illusion that Pym was smaller than he actually is :)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's no way we can afford him. We won't splash more than 150k on a player

grecIAN Harris

There's no way we can afford him. We won't splash more than 150k on a player
Hence why I said 'if we can afford what Sheffield Wednesday want in the first place'.

Red Devon

Going to incredibly difficult to replace that’s for sure just look at yesterday’s match, despite what I thought being the better side for a large amount of the game without Cam’s brilliance we’d have lost that match.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Going to incredibly difficult to replace that’s for sure just look at yesterday’s match, despite what I thought being the better side for a large amount of the game without Cam’s brilliance we’d have lost that match.
Without Cam we would have drawn more than we won

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
And it was his quick-thinking that led to our goal.