• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does Cam make it into our best ever 11? After his performances this season I think so. Better than Miller, Fox, Hamer and Pym.
I've been following City for the best part of 45 years and we haven't had anybody better than King Kev.

DB9

I've been following City for the best part of 45 years and we haven't had anybody better than King Kev.
Its close but I'd go for Kev as well, He played at the top level, Cam is good and has done brillantly for us but i can't see next season he'll be in the PL, Far better than L2 and proved that imo loads of times.

JCWhoosh

Hope he stays but good luck to him in the future.
Hopefully many clubs will be looking at us this season and seeing a real opportunity to develop their players on loan so hopefully will get someone as decent if Cam moves on.
P. S can we change the name of the thread? Every time I read it my heart jumps as think he has signed for us 😅

dommers

Indeed and with Miller, Hiley, Taylor, McNichol and Vinnicombe that was quite a back 5 for half a season

Colesman Ballz

Indeed and with Miller, Hiley, Taylor, McNichol and Vinnicombe that was quite a back 5 for half a season
But they only had Terry Cooper as the manager, not Tis ! :cool:

Cowshed Grecian

Wait until Harry Lee dons them gloves!

dommers

But they only had Terry Cooper as the manager, not Tis ! :cool:
And Cooper was the best manager we've had in his first couple of years. Sadly it got ruined later on.

fred binneys head

And Cooper was the best manager we've had in his first couple of years. Sadly it got ruined later on.
Sounds familiar.

JayPob94

I think all at that club will be thinking seriously how we can keep him.

We cannot afford him and his wages.

Wednesday may be happy for him to come back on loan, if we offered them better terms and a bigger chunk of his wages? Fingers crossed they maybe go up.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
One factor in all this might be the effect of Sheffield Wednesday getting promoted. If they believe he is surplus to requirements or not good enough for the Championship, it could leave the door open for some negotiation.