• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Also (and I'm sure our Pate would agree) an authoritative and commanding keeper instills confidence in the defenders in front of him.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Very true. He was my vote for Player of the Season.
I know it’s his job but he’s probably saved as many goals for us as our top two or three scorers have stuck in the net between them.
Still it’s a team game and I think that’s one aspect which has been so successful for us this year with well deserved consequences.
Cam has been absolutely brilliant, no doubt, but Jevani is the game changer in the side. So frustrating when it doesn't come off, but boy, how often it does! Different gravy.

DB9

What is it so far, 16 clean sheets? Speaks for itself really, Cam has been awesome for us, Young Jokull was great for us too, His youthful enthusiasm was infectious but Cam brought experience from the Championship to us and his performances over the season have proved to me he deserves to play at a higher level, If (Probably when) he goes, He'll go with my upmost thanks and best regards, As a loan signing he has got to be one of, If not the best loanee we've had at the club and I'm sure he'll thank the club for giving him the chance to prove himself to his parent club too. Jokull, If you've watched us this season at all you could learn a lot from Cam.

Cowshed Grecian

Cam has been absolutely brilliant, no doubt, but Jevani is the game changer in the side. So frustrating when it doesn't come off, but boy, how often it does! Different gravy.
That back heel to Phillips was absolute class, that’s his job. He’s not in the game a lot of the time but he’s a Number 10 who creates chances there’s not a lot of players around like that...his stats are unreal. 130 chances he’s created this season.

arthur

Also (and I'm sure our Pate would agree) an authoritative and commanding keeper instills confidence in the defenders in front of him.
See also B Hamer, Spring 2011

Cowshed Grecian

Does Cam make it into our best ever 11? After his performances this season I think so. Better than Miller, Fox, Hamer and Pym.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure he's better than Miller. Cam definitely has the odd ricket in him. That said, if he has a similar career to Kev, I'm sure he'll be a very happy fella come time to hang up his gloves.

Trapdoor

Best keeper we've had since Hamer imo.

Much better than Pym.

Edna Clouds

I'm not sure he's better than Miller. Cam definitely has the odd ricket in him. That said, if he has a similar career to Kev, I'm sure he'll be a very happy fella come time to hang up his gloves.
I agree, I still think Miller was better. There has been the odd moment where defenders have saved Dawson some blushes.

Having said that the goal keeping difference this season has been huge. Games we could have lost we have drawn or won. He's pulled off some incredible saves and kept us in matches which in the last few seasons we would have lost.

Grecian2K

Does Cam make it into our best ever 11? After his performances this season I think so. Better than Miller, Fox, Hamer and Pym.
But better than the Original Pym...or even the great George Hunter?
I fear that there could be reports of earth tremors in Arizona later this evening!