• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would have totally agreed with you when we first signed Dawson; there didnt seem to be any flaws, and he was excellent in all departments. I found myself wondering how on earth did we manage to get hold of a keeper of his apparent ability, and how could we hang on to him. In more recent times, he has disappointingly slipped quite a bit in the ratings for me, with his lack of judgement on crosses, and general lack of dominance in his goal area. I have no idea why those traits weren't apparent in his early days with us. He has to start coming out to go after the crosses, even if its with a view to giving the ball a hefty punch! Trying to flap the thing away wont cut it. I think he'll come good again, but there are causes for concern that I never envisaged.
They were. They just didn't lead to a goal until more recently. Dawson is a decent keeper for our standard, nothing more. He's not worthy of the God-like status bestowed upon him by some.

Trapdoor

They were. They just didn't lead to a goal until more recently. Dawson is a decent keeper for our standard, nothing more. He's not worthy of the God-like status bestowed upon him by some.
That is a bit harsh, he's one of the best keepers in this league and would be very comfortable in L1 as well.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
That is a bit harsh, he's one of the best keepers in this league and would be very comfortable in L1 as well.
Would he? Wednesday are in League 1 but he couldn't hold down a place there.

Trapdoor

Many Wednesday fans want him back.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Many Wednesday fans want him back.
Plenty don't.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Plenty don't.
I would be very surprised if that was actually any more than a couple at most :) Dawson played 50 games in the Championship suggesting his manager at the time felt he had the necessary ability. Football is a matter of opinions and I feel Cam is at least League One level but my opinion compared to a professional Manager at Championship level isn't comparable :)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dawson is a good keeper. But Bailey Peacock-Farrell is even better, Burnley didn't sign him for a fee on a whim, and would keep Dawson out of the team at Wednesday. So I don't see them recalling Dawson unless the BP-F has a season-ending injury or Burnley recall him.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gordon Banks kept Peter Shilton out of the Leicester team, didn't make Shilts a bad goalie though!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gordon Banks kept Peter Shilton out of the Leicester team, didn't make Shilts a bad goalie though!
Managing Plimuff did :ROFLMAO:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Managing Plimuff did :ROFLMAO:
It didn't make him a bad goalie, it made him a cnut.