Cambridge v Us match day thread. FA CUP 1st rd.

Colesman Ballz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't forget we only get around 45% of the gate money.
I'd rather have the 36k in the bank tonight. Their away record is W3 D2 L3 -
not much different from ours
Isnt it 45% after match expenses, plus of course 100% of all the secondary spend which will certainly make it a profitable night.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately Lewis Ward is becoming a bigger loss than we all expected. Maxted is definitely better than Hamon was , but unfortunately isn't maybe quite as good as we first though!!
I havent seen todays goal yet, but what I do know is that we should have gone after a half decent temporary replacement. We signed that Vasser chap and we had high hopes we could soldier on. I believe he should have been in goal by now, Maxted is not a long term replacement for Ward. I would have thought Taylor would have sussed that by now.

jrg333

I havent seen todays goal yet, but what I do know is that we should have gone after a half decent temporary replacement. We signed that Vasser chap and we had high hopes we could soldier on. I believe he should have been in goal by now, Maxted is not a long term replacement for Ward. I would have thought Taylor would have sussed that by now.
If our backup keeper, who started 20 odd games in League 1 last season, isn't good enough, I do have to wonder who the feck you think we could get as an improvement?

The Proper Chap

Make your mind up, one minute you are talking about a temporary replacement, the next you are talking about a long term replacement.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
Awe come on chappy.

Since by his own admission dear old Pate hasn't even seen the goal yet surely he can be forgiven for his indecision for once??

Thankfully I'll offline and in the front row for the Marillion gig in Bath this evening so I'll be mercifully spared any more assinine Arizonan assumptions until tomorrow when I'll able to savour the full splenetic eruption once he has had a chance to watch and re-watch the highlights!