Cambridge v Us match day thread. FA CUP 1st rd.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very disappointing to lose the lead so late. I didn't listen to the second half but Cambridge didn't appear to be that threatening going by the stats so it feels like a big missed opportunity.

Of course as long as we do the job at home it will be ok and hopeful we can do that, but guess Matt Taylor will be frustrated and would have preferred not to have the extra game. Hopefully we get some luck in the draw and can start putting sides away more often.

The Proper Chap

Based on Matt Taylor's post match interview Maxted messed up for their goal.

Pete will be all over it.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I disagree. I still think the FA Cup causes considerable excitement, particularly for lower division sides like ourselves. Times change, things evolve, but the fa cup is and always will be, the greatest domestic cup competition in the land and I thoroughly enjoy it.
Not much excitement at Cambridge : a measly 2000 fans

Exehausted

It's not exactly a lot of cash is it? 2000 for the home game, unless we reduce prices it wont be much more.
Face it, to equalise with the last kick is heartbreaking
I agree Denzil, it is heart breaking, especially when it was only their second shot on target. However, I think that we should try and take some positives from it. We have halted our losing run away from home. Alex Fisher sounded like his first full start was a success, with a goal and several good attempts. Nigel Atangana and Matt Jay had good games. A good draw for round two, hopefully at home, might inspire a crowd of over 3,000 to attend the replay. Onwards and upwards, Up the City!