• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge Utd Versus Exeter City Saturday 13th August 2022 Pre match prediction and chit chat

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
a very respectful, knowledgeable and intelligent interview.
I know I really shouldn't say this, but whenever I hear a bloke speak with a Landin/ cockney accent for some reason I kind of assume they are a bit dodgy. However, this chap was respectful, as you say, and didn't seem stall dodgy.
But this thing about teaching his team to play in many different ways - I find that a bit implausible. I'd think teaching Cambridge to play in even one way would be a challenge

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

IndoMike

Is there a Matchday Thread today?
I can't see it.

Fareham Grecian

I know I really shouldn't say this, but whenever I hear a bloke speak with a Landin/ cockney accent for some reason I kind of assume they are a bit dodgy
He was born and brought up in Cambridge.

Clearly an intelligent young manager, full of respect for KMT and our club. Good on him- just not today!

Fareham Grecian

Is there a Matchday Thread today?
I can't see it.
Do it!

IndoMike

He was born and brought up in Cambridge.

Clearly an intelligent young manager, full of respect for KMT and our club. Good on him- just not today!
Do they have Landin accents in Cambridge? I thought they were more
ooooo arrrrrr.

IndoMike

I bow to your greater MDT OP experience and propensity to have good luck to start it yourself . If I do it will be the kiss of death
Please give it your best effort.
Thanks.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

ooooo arrrrrr.
Estuary English has spread throughout the South of England. Although Cambridge is approaching the Midlands!

Last edited:

Fareham Grecian

ooooo arrrrrr.
No they don’t and he hasn’t got one 🤣. (It is too far west to be ooo arrr though. I speak as someone who grew up near Cambridge. In fact, before I saw the light (and don’t tell anyone), the first team I ever followed was the Us).

IndoMike

No they don’t and he hasn’t got one 🤣. (It is too far west to be ooo arrr though. I speak as someone who grew up near Cambridge. In fact, before I saw the light (and don’t tell anyone), the first team I ever followed was the Us).
I had a friend in Wisbech and we went to a cattle auction in a place called March. I remember the accents and there was a certain similarity with ours, but with differences, too .The beauty of English is that there are so many accents and dialects .
Anyway, I won't tell anyone that you were a U's fan : it's just between you and me
What's your prediction for today, FG?