• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge Utd Versus Exeter City Saturday 13th August 2022 Pre match prediction and chit chat

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
This Saturday sees the second placed (I loved typing that and I know it counts for nothing at this early stage) Grecians take on sixteenth placed Cambridge Utd at the Abbey Stadium. Cambridge have won their first match at home to last years play off contenders MK Dons 1-0, and last Saturday lost to Oxford by the same score-line so currently stand on 3 points, 1 point behind the mighty Grecians

Both clubs have ventured forward into the next round of the EFL cup with Cambridge beating championship Millwall 1-0 last week and us scraping through against Cheltenham Town 7-0 (liked typing that as well).

It should be an interesting match with City currently free-scoring and Cambridge looking quite resolute at home.

I would predict a return for Blackman Key Brown (J) Dieng, and Chieck in place of Sweenz I think Sam will keep the centre back spot, therefore anticipated line up:-

Blackman
Key Diabete Stubbs Hartridge Sparkes
Kite Dieng Collins
Brown (J) Nombe

Subs
Brown Caprice Grounds Jay Chauke Coley Cox

3-0 to the Exeter with goals for Stubbs Nmbe and Brown, as our free-scoring habits continue with 548 intrepid Grecians making it across the country. and after three matches we shall sit imperiously on top of the third division - end the season then!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
This Saturday sees the second placed (I loved typing that and I know it counts for nothing at this early stage) Grecians take on sixteenth placed Cambridge Utd at the Abbey Stadium. Cambridge have won their first match at home to last years play off contenders MK Dons 1-0, and last Saturday lost to Oxford by the same score-line so currently stand on 3 points, 1 point behind the mighty Grecians

Both clubs have ventured forward into the next round of the EFL cup with Cambridge beating championship Millwall 1-0 last week and us scraping through against Cheltenham Town 7-0 (liked typing that as well).

It should be an interesting match with City currently free-scoring and Cambridge looking quite resolute at home.

I would predict a return for Blackman Key Brown (J) Dieng, and Chieck in place of Sweenz I think Sam will keep the centre back spot, therefore anticipated line up:-

Blackman
Key Diabete Stubbs Hartridge Sparkes
Kite Dieng Collins
Brown (J) Nombe

Subs
Brown Caprice Grounds Jay Chauke Coley Cox

3-0 to the Exeter with goals for Stubbs Nmbe and Brown, as our free-scoring habits continue with 548 intrepid Grecians making it across the country. and after three matches we shall sit imperiously on top of the third division - end the season then!
Great start GNH on a night when x Grecian Joeller could upset our county (spell checked) cousins with a hatrick !
Me thinks we need to let someone score (so we don't carry monkey too far) so suggest 3:1 City with goals from both Sams & MJ.
UTC

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh forgot to add this link to their podcast where our latest celeb follower gives some input from 34:45 mins in https://undertheabbeystand.com/2022/08/08/new-episode-a-cruel-affair/#more-6419

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cambridge will be so frightened by our recent results that they'll freeze and we'll win 5 nil.

Corey

Would take a draw here for sure, Cambridge are a good side and very well managed.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I predict a 2-1 win for City.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If I heard correctly, Matt Taylor after the Cheltenham game suggested there could be some players and management on paternity leave for this game. Not sure who but presumably one of them could be him; if so I’m sure Wayne Carlisle will do an excellent job, although it will be a novelty to hear someone different being interviewed.

Avening Posse

Tough 2-1 win

IndoMike

Error.

IndoMike

If I heard correctly, Matt Taylor after the Cheltenham game suggested there could be some players and management on paternity leave for this game. Not sure who but presumably one of them could be him; if so I’m sure Wayne Carlisle will do an excellent job, although it will be a novelty to hear someone different being interviewed.
In my day there used to be only one father.