• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge Utd Versus Exeter City Discussion and prediction thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stockley and Reid missed their fair share of sitters as well, Bowman does a great job holdinbg up play and stretching the defence with his energy and strength, he never promised goal. We don't have an oven ready goalscorer to back him up but I live in hope that Matt Jay can be that player, give him that role Matt, he's worth a try!

Colesman Ballz

I agree, that is a great stat. And therein lies the problem; we have no recognisable goalscorer - We dont have a target man like Reid or Stockley. We were spoilt for choice when we had those two, now nobody in the squad fits the bill. I know Bowman has scored a decent few, but he's also missed some howling sitters! Is there nobody out there that Taylor can bring in, along the lines of Rhead, who more than adaquately occupies a big space!
Rhead's gone back where he belongs, as a non league clogger. He is not mobile enough for the way Matt likes the team to play either.

IndoMike

I agree, that is a great stat. And therein lies the problem; we have no recognisable goalscorer - We dont have a target man like Reid or Stockley. We were spoilt for choice when we had those two, now nobody in the squad fits the bill. I know Bowman has scored a decent few, but he's also missed some howling sitters! Is there nobody out there that Taylor can bring in, along the lines of Rhead, who more than adaquately occupies a big space!
So he's the perfect solution to filling "the gap", Pete.😉

PeteUSA

So he's the perfect solution to filling "the gap", Pete.😉
I'm not dealing with it very well, Mike, seeing people hanging there washing out in Victoria Street!

IndoMike

I'm not dealing with it very well, Mike, seeing people hanging there washing out in Victoria Street!
Hahaha!
You never know : there might be a bit of hanky panky in the bushes there one day, Pete :)
But I've got mixed feelings about the Gap, Pete Sometimes I think it looks country bumpkin and other times I think it gives it a bit of character. I'd rather have the Gap with trees and houses in the distance than have bleddy 'orrible portacabins

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
You can see people hanging their washing out in Victoria street but cant see our players being pulled / hacked to the ground in the box ! Your long vision is amazing.
Just a pity that the short sightedness isn't as good.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
0-3. Bowman, Jay, and Parkes. 580 away

IndoMike

0-3. Bowman, Jay, and Parkes. 580 away
Amen brother

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
What we need is a 30 goal a season striker. Of course they all grow on trees and are abundant for clubs that have to stick to budget aren't they 🤨

IndoMike

What we need is a 30 goal a season striker. Of course they all grow on trees and are abundant for clubs that have to stick to budget aren't they 🤨
Your post seems totally out of sync with the thread. Which post are you referring to?