• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge Utd V Exeter City : Discussion Thread.

rooecfc

I think most would agree. My worry is that we are now in a rut of about 6 games where we have played the same way and created very little and have nothing on the bench to change it up and thus it becomes very difficult to turn this around. However, we could get a lucky penalty or something and hang on for a win so nothing is impossible. Maybe Williams could start this game and give is that impetus from the off? If he's fit enough for this? I don't know.
if we were to win with a poor performance it would be a great 3 points but would only be papering over the cracks for the rest of the run in, something needs to change wether it team selection or tactics i don’t know

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our form is relegation material. 2-0 Cambridge and a real gap between us and play offs. We appear to have thrown in the towel.

Legohead

Banned
There are not many games left now and at this stage of the season it's all about getting over the line. Getting 3 points however we can whenever we can. If that means playing like we have done recently but getting the job done then that will be welcomed by most fans i would have thought. If we can somehow scramble into a play off spot and then manage to win the play offs then we can take stock and replenish the squad then.

We are papering over the cracks right now but that's all that is needed for the remainder of the season if we can get the points / wins needed. The cracks can then be filled in properly over the summer, hopefully.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt needs to change the shape for a start, clearly isn’t working. Hopefully Williams will be fit, I think that’s our only hope at the moment.
I think we should try a banana-shaped system. That would seriously confuse the Light Blues and could lead to a rare victory

Avening Posse

Also one of my favourite away games when I lived in the UK, great old fashioned ground, good pubs etc.....but anyways, I can't see us getting anything from this one the way we have been playing of late. You never know though. I think Matt needs to try something different. Not sure what mind.

I think we should try a banana-shaped system. That would seriously confuse the Light Blues and could lead to a rare victory
Still work better than whatever we are playing at the moment with Jay and Bowman isolated and the defences line too high.

I think Matt needs to try something different. Not sure what mind.
I think Matt Taylor should rest himself for this one and let someone else have a go.

Grecian2K

A Grimsby fan put this wonderful description up on TFF.
pontoonlew
JoinedJan 18, 2015Messages1,360Reaction score311Points83SupportsGrimsby
37 minutes ago
  • I feel like a dog who’s family won’t put it down so it has to keep limping round the park and pretending it’s arsed about going for a walk
I know our position is not quite as parlous as theirs, but it kind of sums up my own feelings about our dog-end of this season. :(

IndoMike

I think Matt Taylor should rest himself for this one and let someone else have a go.
That's not a bad idea. A break might do everyone some good

eurogrecian

As this is Exeter City, this is just the sort of match we will win (followed rapidly by a spineless capitulation against Barrow!)