• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge Utd V Exeter City : Discussion Thread.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A tough gig on Saturday.Cambridge have been pretty consistent throughout the season,have benefitted from not having too many games called off.
Getting points in the bag whilst others,inc the Grecians had games in hand which as we have seen means very little on a poor run of form.

A point would be a good result there.With our shot shy misfiring attack at the moment I think a set up to gain a point is in the offing.
Continue the same set up as recent away games,a defeat looks inevitable.

First game I will have missed at the Abbey Stadium for around 20 years☹
One of my favourite grounds to visit.

Matt needs to change the shape for a start, clearly isn’t working. Hopefully Williams will be fit, I think that’s our only hope at the moment.

Legohead

Banned
Absolutely no chance of winning here although i don't think we will get stuffed. We are still competitive despite our lack of attacking intent and rarely get humiliated. It will be another one of those drab affairs where Cambridge create quite a few chances but we are relatively defensively resolute but at the other end we barely have a shot at their goal. I'll go for a frustrating 1-0 defeat.

I last went to Cambridge in the 2017 season where a first half Leon Legge goal secured the points for the U's.

IndoMike

I predict the ref will be all over us and any one from Sweenz, Parkes, McA, Taylor or Bowman will get a red card
We will lose 3-0 but our fans will be muted rather than furious.
☹
PS. But we could win 4-3 after a stunning comeback, which will reignite the fires in the bellies of everyone associated with City, and then go on a winning streak until the end of the season, reaching the playoffs and sweeping everything before us
😀

Alistair20000

A 2-1 defeat before we bounce back with 10 points from the last 5 games this month

rooecfc

Absolutely no chance of winning here although i don't think we will get stuffed. We are still competitive despite our lack of attacking intent and rarely get humiliated. It will be another one of those drab affairs where Cambridge create quite a few chances but we are relatively defensively resolute but at the other end we barely have a shot at their goal. I'll go for a frustrating 1-0 defeat.

I last went to Cambridge in the 2017 season where a first half Leon Legge goal secured the points for the U's.
It’s football, as unlikely as it seems we have every chance of winning

Legohead

Banned
It’s football, as unlikely as it seems we have every chance of winning
I wasn't saying it as a fact, just as an opinion. Factually you are indeed correct that any team is capable of winning any given football match. Would make discussion threads a bit boring though i guess.

rooecfc

I wasn't saying it as a fact, just as an opinion. Factually you are indeed correct that any team is capable of winning any given football match. Would make discussion threads a bit boring though i guess.
keep the hope!

rooecfc

admittedly very hard after the last few performances which have been undoubtedly appalling

Legohead

Banned
admittedly very hard after the last few performances which have been undoubtedly appalling
I think most would agree. My worry is that we are now in a rut of about 6 games where we have played the same way and created very little and have nothing on the bench to change it up and thus it becomes very difficult to turn this around. However, we could get a lucky penalty or something and hang on for a win so nothing is impossible. Maybe Williams could start this game and give is that impetus from the off? If he's fit enough for this? I don't know.