• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 204 54.0%
  • Out

Votes: 174 46.0%

• Total voters

Grecianman135

The writing was on the wall for Malky the moment he allowed this to happen.
#unforgiveable
Didn't even know that 👀
#justicefortilly

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Ross County sack Malky Mackay after nine-game winless run - BBC Sport" https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67426270

For some context.. he's been sacked from a team in a micky mouse league who never have anything to play for..and our league is far more competitive and Mackay's been sacked for 9 games lost..
I don't think the Scottish Premiership is a mickey mouse league, relegation from there and not playing the Old Firm etc is a financial disaster for a team like Ross

ECFC-GC

Sack the manager, sack the board, sack the FA, sack everyone.

We've lost some football matches against some better teams than us and I'm really angry.

It's the lack of ambition at this football club that really gets me. On our resources we should be L1Champions by at least 10 points.
'Exeter City just not good enough, as Grecians suffer yet another poor defeat.'
How many times do we have to read this after more games, before any action is taken.
Clearly something is wrong to fall from the heights of top - P7 W5 D1 L1 = 16pts
To currently - P15 W5 D2 L8 = 17pts
Whatever has gone wrong, if the manager and staff then get rid!
If it's the players collectively bulking at the manager and staff then we are ?uggered!
The board and TB, as always tend to view the masses as dimwits and keep the divulged information limited.
Whilst the lack of any decent goal scoring strikers has caused much of the problems I suspect there may be more to it than that!

thermopylai

we’ll be P1000 W1 D2 L997 F8 A2875.
You honestly think we'll score 8 goals?!?!? You rose-tinter!

drop Muskwe and Scott for a few games and have Yanic or Aitchison in the false nine.
I hope so!

StudentGrecian

When I first read the statement I was quite happy with it, hints at a change if we continue in the same vein and separated talk of January investment from GC.

The more I think about it, it starts to feel like an appeasement to get them through the AGM on Sarurday without having to answer any difficult questions.

Yes it suggests GC is under pressure to turn things around, but that was clearly the case anyway, as soon as fan reaction turns sour after games he was always going to be a gonner.

It's a good statement imo, I just hope they don't hide behind it at the AGM and still take questions on the current situation.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
When I first read the statement I was quite happy with it, hints at a change if we continue in the same vein and separated talk of January investment from GC.

The more I think about it, it starts to feel like an appeasement to get them through the AGM on Sarurday without having to answer any difficult questions.

Yes it suggests GC is under pressure to turn things around, but that was clearly the case anyway, as soon as fan reaction turns sour after games he was always going to be a gonner.

It's a good statement imo, I just hope they don't hide behind it at the AGM and still take questions on the current situation.
Fair points. I think the fact that there's no match on Saturday makes it more likely a reasonable number of questions will be allowed and that some answers will be forthcoming.

In the past, the AOB section of the meeting has often had to be prematurely curtailed as people have had commitments at SJP; I see no reason why this should happen on Saturday.

Last edited:

berniesworld

By January we will all need one of these

Grecian Max

I’d agree especially after listening to taggy on the pod 🙁

Think they’re making a big mistake, and personally really don’t agree that us as fans want a change “every 5 minutes”

Sounds as if they might even give him time in League 2 which is depressing

I’d agree especially after listening to taggy on the pod 🙁

Think they’re making a big mistake, and personally really don’t agree that us as fans want a change “every 5 minutes”

Sounds as if they might even give him time in League 2 which is depressing
So do you not think Gary is in imminent danger of losing his job after listening to the pod (haven’t listened yet,at work)

Grecian Max

So do you not think Gary is in imminent danger of losing his job after listening to the pod (haven’t listened yet,at work)
Not the way it was communicated, no. I even think we could go down and we'd keep him after listening... not something I felt they'd do before.

Losing the faith quickly with it all.