• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Buying a house

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Finally getting some progress on my house purchase in Bromley.

Received grant of probate last week after a 6 month wait, hopefully completing next week. I was getting seriously worried because our mortgage offer was about to expire.
Whereabouts in Bromley are you (if you don't mind telling us)? We moved from Beckenham to east devon in 2020.

Trapdoor

Whereabouts in Bromley are you (if you don't mind telling us)? We moved from Beckenham to east devon in 2020.
Between Bromley north and Sundridge park. It's an old-ish victorian house.

Beckenham is very nice. Got some friends around there.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Between Bromley north and Sundridge park. It's an old-ish victorian house.

Beckenham is very nice. Got some friends around there.
That's a nice area.

Beckenham is lovely, but very expensive, even by London suburb prices. It didn't cost too much more to swap our 2 bed flat for a 5 bed house in Devon.

Trapdoor

That's a nice area.

Beckenham is lovely, but very expensive, even by London suburb prices. It didn't cost too much more to swap our 2 bed flat for a 5 bed house in Devon.
Don't get me started on London house prices. It's disgusting. Even a million quid doesn't go far round here and then you've got people taking out 50 year fixed mortgages at 4k a month. Madness.

The problem is lack of reasonable housing stock leading to desperate bunfights for any half decent house.

Trapdoor

Finally completed my house purchase! Nice surprise adrenaline rush. 🤣

Trapdoor

Finally completed my house purchase! Nice surprise adrenaline rush. 🤣
Not that anybody cares but here is the garden shed in question.

20220823_153047.jpg

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
After 24 hours of excitement, the vendor of our prospective purchase has already about turned and wants more. She can do one.

:mad: 🤬🤮
Well, wouldn't you know...

We've only had an offer accepted on the house next door to the one above... and it's in better condition. Nothing needs doing at all. 🍾🍾🍾

Only waiting to hear that they want to review the price after this morning's stamp duty give away...:mad:

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, wouldn't you know...

We've only had an offer accepted on the house next door to the one above... and it's in better condition. Nothing needs doing at all. 🍾🍾🍾

Only waiting to hear that they want to review the price after this morning's stamp duty give away...:mad:
Good luck

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck
Got the mortgage application in earlier in the week, so hoping that we will get away with the 0.5% hike.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Could be some interesting exchanges over the fence if your neighbour hasn't found another buyer before you move in ! :cool: