• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fact Missy he got us back in the League.
Fact - he also achieved very little once he got us relegated back to league 2 despite having more backing than any other manager in our history.

Pobbop

Oh gawd the obsession with Tisdale continues, mainly from his haters, hugely from a bloke who has been banned many times, but carries on with his monkey crap, but people react, which is normal, personally would suggest Tisdales name be banned from matchday threads, unless against MK Dons.

Anyway on-topic, Matt has two home matches coming up, if we can win those we can hopefully get back on track, c'mon you reds[G]

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh gawd the obsession with Tisdale continues, mainly from his haters, hugely from a bloke who has been banned many times, but carries on with his monkey crap, but people react, which is normal, personally would suggest Tisdales name be banned from matchday threads, unless against MK Dons.

Anyway on-topic, Matt has two home matches coming up, if we can win those we can hopefully get back on track, c'mon you reds[G]
Coming from another guy who had a fair bit of real estate within Tisdale's back passage.

Pobbop

Coming from another guy who had a fair bit of real estate within Tisdale's back passage.
I liked Tisdale, I like Taylor, I'm a fan of Exeter City since 1976, I am always happy to be top half of the table.

Is saying that someone was up the back-passage of someone particularly an intelligent or cohesive argument, TBH, I tend to feel that's probably why you were banned before, and don't really understand why you are still here, as it's just pointless confrontational nonsense.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm a football fan, when my teams winning the manager is God, when we go on a string of crap results he's sh****te. Same applied to Tisdale, when we went on those poor runs I wanted him out although overall I enjoyed his period with us. I confess I didn't want him to leave but when he chose to I admitted that its probably for the best.

My fear is now is City not capitalising on our new ground and newfound riches from player sales. It would be terrible to sink back into those years of struggle and poverty which some of those amongst us remember so well. Anyone wanting to relive the early nineties to early noughties (what I ungraciously call the Flack years) will know what I mean. Tisdale met a lot of resistance when he started, he was largely forgiven when Wembley visits and straight promotions happened and then lost support again even though we were still miles ahead of where we were at the end of the last century. Matt will undergo the same scrutiny, its our club and we want to know thet the man in charge of the team has the ability to be successful.

I really hope he has it and can fire the team back up the league or even just give us a comfortable season, but we really should be looking at an improvement on last season.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I liked Tisdale, I like Taylor, I'm a fan of Exeter City since 1976, I am always happy to be top half of the table.

Is saying that someone was up the back-passage of someone particularly an intelligent or cohesive argument, TBH, I tend to feel that's probably why you were banned before, and don't really understand why you are still here, as it's just pointless confrontational nonsense.
Kettle meet pot.

geoffwp

No mention of the relegation.
'even in the harsh times'?

Pobbop

Kettle meet pot.
not really, never been banned, try to make positive comments on football, not just ad homoinem attacks, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Again, would just love us to move on from the Tisdale arguments, Taylor is our manager now, happy to be behind him.

geoffwp

PC, with respect you are showing a rather unhealthy and unsavoury interest in Tisdale's back passage or is it just that back passages are of general interest? :D

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Again, would just love us to move on from the Tisdale arguments, Taylor is our manager now, happy to be behind him.
I guess I just don't like hypocrites, which is something you are, you say you want to move on from Tisdale etc yet many of your recent comments are about him.

You also called fellow fans arseholes recently yet you criticise the behaviour of others when it suits.

Like I said I don't have any time for hypocrites.