• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Taylor is "the right man for the job" because sacking him wouldnt cost an arm and a leg, like getting rid of Tisdale would have.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyF8RHM1OCg

flakey pasty

Just imagine if we hadn't
1) Given players last weekend off
2) Rested most of the team in midweek
3) Changed penalty takers

Well at least people can't say 'but we are still in the play offs' any more.
Yup, there is a horrible sinking feeling about the club at the moment. Hopefully the return of Hiram and a confidence-boosting victory will get us moving again. According to the radio, things just didn’t fall for us today.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yup, there is a horrible sinking feeling about the club at the moment.
Is there, I wasn't aware of a horrible sinking feeling about the club but hey if that's what you want to look for knock yourself out.

Last edited:

flakey pasty

Is there, I wasn't aware of a sinking feeling about the club.
Feeling a bit tetchy today? No win in 9 is a bit depressing isn’t it? Perhaps you like losing.

Last edited:

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
We seem to be a bit on the back foot away from home. Our first half at Colchester was also poor.
On the positive side we were good in the first half against Macc so maybe if we continue that and get a bit of luck in front of goal we can get a win against Crewe.

crocks

Taylor mentioned in his post match interview that he is going to get players in the January window.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Feeling a bit tetchy today? No win in 9 is a bit depressing isn’t it? Perhaps you like losing.
Not tetchy at all, I guess I just don't rate your opinion much.

scottus86

Yup, there is a horrible sinking feeling about the club at the moment. Hopefully the return of Hiram and a confidence-boosting victory will get us moving again. According to the radio, things just didn’t fall for us today.
It's not as gloomy as when we were bottom of league two with a manager on a two year rolling contract and 3 home wins in the calender year. That was a low point. This run of games was often fobbed off under Tisdale and he would usually have a run of 10 games without winning too. It's not time to hit the panic button yet, we have the playerd and ability to play good football and a young manager in his first season. Let's not be kneejerking about doom and gloom and believe in what we have. I think we have a run of "easier games" and shoul be notching some points up again by Christmas. Either way Taylor has this season as an experience building and learning curve, we won't be near the bottom but maybe expecting promotion from a rookie is too much.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not as gloomy as when we were bottom of league two with a manager on a two year rolling contract and 3 home wins in the calender year. That was a low point. This run of games was often fobbed off under Tisdale and he would usually have a run of 10 games without winning too. It's not time to hit the panic button yet, we have the playerd and ability to play good football and a young manager in his first season. Let's not be kneejerking about doom and gloom and believe in what we have. I think we have a run of "easier games" and shoul be notching some points up again by Christmas. Either way Taylor has this season as an experience building and learning curve, we won't be near the bottom but maybe expecting promotion from a rookie is too much.
You are wasting your time mate, Flakey would never criticise Tisdale's era.

denzel

Yes we could do with an easy game such as the bottom team at home.