• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
King Matt is the right man for us. We need to grow a pair and support him. He will come good, as will our season - you can bookmark this comment if you like.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
£500,000 over what we earn for this season's budget and for the next one. Money towards the away end and fair amount on the C&F. Watch the latest Kellows to see the money spent out there.
Is Shockley on £400k because I cant see where this money has been spent...?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
So what? I’ve backed Taylor to the hilt and will continue to do so. Perhaps you can find loads of reasons to be cheerful. Look at the table.
Hardly.

Last season and many before you would come on here with your well done Tis and the boys line after we drew or won making out he was some kind of god, you have barely muttered a word this season.

Exehausted

King Matt is the right man for us. We need to grow a pair and support him. He will come good, as will our season - you can bookmark this comment if you like.
Yep I agree. Apparently we created 3 great chances in the second half plus the missed penalty and they scored against the run of play. Bring on Crewe. I 4-1 can't wait.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm with you Freddie, I'm still very positive and I'm delighted he is leading us now.

We are having a tough spell however you won't hear Taylor making excuses or blaming others.

I will be at SJP next week and I'm looking forward to it already.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
From behind the goal there was nothing that Pym could have done.
Hants, give me a break! I didnt need to be behind the goal to see that that shot came from a yard or two outside the penalty area, Pym had an unobstructed view, and was stood approx 2 maybe 3 yards from his post when he watched that ball go in. He appears generally uninterested to me.

flakey pasty

Taylor is now the right man for the job. Turning on him will not improve things. Whether we can achieve great things this year though is, to me at least, doubtful.

scottus86

The reason why we lost is because we didn't take our chances. Our top scorer and best striker missed a penalty, blasted over from 6 yards our and actually got given the service and he didn't take the chances. Stockley is great but he holds some responsability for today. Tillson should only ever be on the bench and only brought on to defend a tight lead. Even though he has been mostly poor Lee Martin needs a run in the middle behind the strikers with Taylor and Law playing deeper. And you cam choose a front three of Stockley and anyone of the others as there isn't much difference. Forte started off looking great but hasn't looked the same since the injury at MK.

thermopylai

As depressing as the weather...

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
The reason why we lost is because we didn't take our chances. Our top scorer and best striker missed a penalty, blasted over from 6 yards our and actually got given the service and he didn't take the chances. Stockley is great but he holds some responsability for today. Tillson should only ever be on the bench and only brought on to defend a tight lead. Even though he has been mostly poor Lee Martin needs a run in the middle behind the strikers with Taylor and Law playing deeper. And you cam choose a front three of Stockley and anyone of the others as there isn't much difference. Forte started off looking great but hasn't looked the same since the injury at MK.
It's a weird one with Stockley, he's having a great season however he has missed loads of chances, he's getting far more opportunities this season, last season he was often feeding off of scraps, most games this season he is presented with 2, 3, 4, 5 very good chances.