• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tough game with an in form Bury at home to an out of form City. I would be delighted to get something out of this one but am not too hopeful.

Safe journey to all travelling fans.

UTC

Steve Moran3

Doesn’t much matter who plays or in what formation if we continue to hoof if at Stockley. Personally I think we are crying out for someone in midfield who wants the ball even if marked. Dare I say it and I know a lot of people won’t agree - but a Harley type player to link things together. I know he got caught in possession sometimes as he refused to just lamp it but it seemed more cohesive somehow. Hopefully just a confidence thing. Law for eg has loads of ability.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
a Harley type player to link things together. I know he got caught in possession sometimes as he refused to just lamp it but it seemed more cohesive somehow.
Good luck with that call on here ;)

We were playing some of our neatest midfield play for years until Boateng got injured, especially on the flanks in the final third, a lot of quick passing and movement and clever balls along the floor. It's as much a confidence thing as anything else at the moment. If Law plays in the middle and Sweeney and Holmes get down the flank we can get it going again. I don't agree with the people who say there need to be personnel changes in midfield, the ball has to be moved around quicker, not being so ponderous on the ball if it isn't hoofed (as you say). And, yes, playing it to players who are marked, because in this division now the likelihood is you will be marked and have to work out how to deal with that. We are too easy to press against when we play slowly and other teams know that and get at us as we come out of defence. Abrahams is a good ball player and he can drop to get involved.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hope it stops raining soon. :(

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anthony Wareing is the main commentator for Radio Devon this afternoon.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ogbene and O'Shea start.

Stelios

"Worst line up of the season" according to a fan on Twitter

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks all right to me.

manc grecian

Looks like a change of shape and hopefully a bit more solid.

iscalad

Looks all right to me.
Me too. UTC.