• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury fan in peace.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I heard the talk about football finances on R5L at 0600 this morning..Some of the debt & money being pumped into the Championship is mind blowing.
The Whelan family before they sold were putting in £1m a month.Preston lose £112k a week.
The parachute payments distort the Championship & has a knock on effect all the way down.
The average Championship club loses £20m a year.

There's a good podcast called The Price of Football which is by Kieran Maguire who's an expert on football finances.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
However, at Steve Dale's Bury ...

I believe he's trying to keep it going, paying off debts as he can. He's hoping for the Premier League parachute payment in January.

Legohead

Banned
Interesting story. I hope they can get AFC Bury up and running and they can climb through the leagues. It's notoriously difficult however as we've seen the likes of Hereford, Darlington and Scarborough plateau after churning through the tail end leagues with ease. I see on that article that FC Isle of Man are also looking to join the NWCFL. Surely the logistics and costs of both them travelling to away games every other week and also other clubs having to travel to the Isle of Man for games would be prohibitive enough for it to be unfeasible?

How would a NWCFL side with no money afford to ferry over a full squad for an away game. Plus perhaps an overnight stay?

Spoonz Red E

Interesting story. I hope they can get AFC Bury up and running and they can climb through the leagues. It's notoriously difficult however as we've seen the likes of Hereford, Darlington and Scarborough plateau after churning through the tail end leagues with ease. I see on that article that FC Isle of Man are also looking to join the NWCFL. Surely the logistics and costs of both them travelling to away games every other week and also other clubs having to travel to the Isle of Man for games would be prohibitive enough for it to be unfeasible?

How would a NWCFL side with no money afford to ferry over a full squad for an away game. Plus perhaps an overnight stay?
One of the FC Isle of Man co-founders says they hope to follow the example of both Jersey Bulls and Guernsey FC who have also entered the National League system.
Guernsey FC formed in 2011 and have being playing in England since 2012 - now in the Isthmian League South East division playing largely Sussex and Kent clubs.
Jersey Bulls FC have joined the Combined Counties League this year (one level below Guernsey).
So far they've played 19, won 19!

Jersey FA wanted to enter a team previously but were not allowed to.
However, I presume there's a lot of synergy between the two.
Remember too that we have just forged links with Jersey FA over the summer.

It'll be interesting to see how the Manx team get on.
Their ambition is to get to League 2.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would ties with the Isle of Man be over three legs ?

Legohead

Banned
Would ties with the Isle of Man be over three legs ?
In a match with Irlam FC, who would be the Manx? Both I presume. :ROFLMAO:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Loved the suggestion on social media that supporters should support Bury Town. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Steve Dale hasn't come up with the money he promised in the CVA. Likely to now go in to liquidation.

DB9

I see that a "Bury AFC" has applied and been accepted in a 10th tier league, Not a phoenix club per say at the moment as Bury is still around until those in power decide what to do with them as they've renaged on the terms of their CVA