• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury - build up and prediction

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Ashford Grecian

I will change my monthly one here and go 3-2 City in thriller

Devon Shaker

Bury fan in absolute piece.. living in Devon I've become an admirer of your club. Great loyal fans with a fantastic set up, considering some of the owners we've had in the past I wish more clubs would adopted your template.

This match is going to be a cracker, your style of play has clicked and are playing some great consistent stuff now.

It took us about 12 games to find our feet being in the low reaches of the table. Then new players, new style and new manger clicked. From that point we haven't looked back and have the ability to blow teams away with pace, skill and ability above this league in terms of attack. I know you have your own star players, we have 3 ( O'Shea, Maynard and Danny Mayor). Danny has been mentioned by many mangers as being ' by far the best player in the league', let's just say your right back has his work cut out.

The defence on the other hand has been let down by mistakes rather than opposition creating chances, this is an issue you could well exploit. We will create chances and you will be provided with space to create yours, a high scoring game either way is on the cards.

I genuinely can't call this game, it's massive for both teams and could really ignite your automatic promotion push, I hope we both go up and for city knocking on the door for so long would be well deserved.

Good luck for the season ( not Saturday 😀) See you Saturday.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Since Jayden has gone we seem to have at long last found a 'new style' of football to play, we are creating lots of chances, giving the opposition no time on the ball, and playing with a new found energy and zest. I think their will be goals here and I am going to make the brave forecast of 4-2 to City.
Of course we miss Jayden, but I believe our style is more fluid now, which makes it harder for defenses to cope with our attacks.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
( O'Shea, Maynard and Danny Mayor). Danny has been mentioned by many mangers as being ' by far the best player in the league', let's just say your right back has his work cut out.

I don't know if it's just because I've been following more closely on iFollow this season but there seems to be a lot of impressive attacking talent in league 2 this season. Healey, Stockley and Surridge have already moved onward and upwards but Christian Doige is back and there is still the likes of Callum Lang, Michael Doughty, Jamie Deavitt, Tyler Walker, Sammie Szmodics as well as, of course, Nicky Law and the Bury players already mentioned.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Since Jayden has gone we seem to have at long last found a 'new style' of football to play, we are creating lots of chances, giving the opposition no time on the ball, and playing with a new found energy and zest. I think their will be goals here and I am going to make the brave forecast of 4-2 to City.
It took a while but since the nadir of the Morecambe and Newport goals we seemed to have find out a way to get the best out of the attacking players we have. However, I'm still even more impressed by how well we have been defending in recent weeks.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
Lee Martin out tomorrow with a calf injury, Lee Holmes back, Moxey still 50/50.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lee Martin out tomorrow with a calf injury, Lee Holmes back, Moxey still 50/50.
Kyle Wilson right back and Sweeney centre half then.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
HOw about a starting line up of:-
Pym
Wilson Sweeney O'Shea Moxey Woodman
Taylor Collins Law
Forte Williams/Holmes

Subs Hamon Martin Brown Jay Bowman Wilson Holmes/Williams

Last edited:

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quickly out of the blocks and get an early goal, follow it up with that "vital second goal" and take it from there!

City to win 3:2