• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Burnley v Exeter 7/3/87 0-0 draw attendance 1792,

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not me Pete.
I used to go on my own when finances allowed (I was pretty borassic back then).
Then mostly away games in the Midlands when I lived in Brum from 1975 and London when I lived there from 1988.
Home visits were timed for home matches during the season.
Okay, thanks Mike, I've been meaning to ask. There was a youngish fella known only as 'Cooper' who fitted the above description, who was always there.

Benguin

That’s my pic I posted it in the memories forum back in January. I drove a car load of us up to that game...Turf Moor was quite an iffy place to go to for away fans back then. Think I managed four trips in total without seeing a City victory.
Sorry for posting without checking. I saw it on another forum! Great image.

Tim Long

... apologies if I've misread it and the match was in 1792.
I said I was there. How old do you think I am ?

PeteUSA

Hey Tim! There was a picture of your dad (or uncle) on Exeter Memories last week. It was in an article about the late Peter Thomas. Mace Sgt Ron Crabb is in it too. Nice picture if you haven't seen it. You'll have to scroll through a bit.

Spoonz Red E

I never try to guess people's ages.
Ever since I confused Pitt the Younger with Pitt the Elder back in, er, 1792.

Oldsmobile-88

Hey Tim! There was a picture of your dad (or uncle) on Exeter Memories last week. It was in an article about the late Peter Thomas. Mace Sgt Ron Crabb is in it too. Nice picture if you haven't seen it. You'll have to scroll through a bit.
I think it was Tims uncle,Chester Long in that photo.

Oldsmobile-88

That’s my pic I posted it in the memories forum back in January. I drove a car load of us up to that game...Turf Moor was quite an iffy place to go to for away fans back then. Think I managed four trips in total without seeing a City victory.
We have probably done the same ones mate 😁..We are showing our age..

Well dodgy back then even though Burnleys days were on the wane..As a local copper there said to us once..”Don’t come to Burnley if you don’t want trouble” *Imagine a very strong Lancs accent *

PeteUSA

I think it was Tims uncle,Chester Long in that photo.
Okay Olds, I wasnt sure.

Rog H K

I'm sure I went to this one. I remember going there in the snow back in the 80s. It may have been in a car with some one.

wiveygrecian

Me and Shaun with you mate weren’t we ?