• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bulgaria V England

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Seems to be more about the racist's off the pitch than the 0-4 at half time.

When are UEFA actually going to give a proper fine out or ban some of the more risky teams ?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
To see in the 21st Century Monkey Chants, Nazi salutes at a football game is so so so depressing, I thought all of that was left in the 70's and 80's but no. UEFA need to take a tough stance, No piddly fines, Closing sections of the stadium or playing behind close doors, National and club teams need to be banned from competions until they chnage their ways

Rosencrantz

To see in the 21st Century Monkey Chants, Nazi salutes at a football game is so so so depressing, I thought all of that was left in the 70's and 80's but no. UEFA need to take a tough stance, No piddly fines, Closing sections of the stadium or playing behind close doors, National and club teams need to be banned from competions until they chnage their ways
Until national associations and governments admit they have problems nothing will change. I think Gareth has acted exceptionally well in this, admitting our own problems and how more action needs to be taken here. Compare to the defensive Bulgarian coach who denied all problems despite part of the ground being closed for previous. No doubt the Bulgarian reaction will be equally defensive or denied even with the visual and audio evidence. If UEFA have to fine and close stadiums down more drastically to provoke them into action, and do so far more heavily then so be it.

The UEFA protocols worked in part tonight by removing a core section, but did not stop it completely. But until it is taken seriously by national FA's and governments, nothing will change.

DB9

We lost our club European football back in the late 80's for Heysel and that was awful and we suffered for that and rightly so, This is just as bad as our hooligan problem back then and now these countries FA's and clubs should have expulsion as the ultimate sanction

CityTillIDie

Depressing indeed, well done to the England team and the manager who all conducted themselves very well! Seen a few videos of England fans with anti racist chants aimed at the Bulgarian ‘support’ which put a smile on my face!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Thing is they will get a nominal fine and possibly closed stadiums for home fans to clear the problem for a couple of games but as soon as they are let back in it will start all over again with nothing learnt.

Listening to Greg Clarke out there on the tv he seemed more concerned with a soundbite than saying anything against the chanting " we heard some sounds that sounded like monkey chanting , you cant be quite sure" YES you can idiot !
Of course there was less chanting in the second half 50 or so had left the stadium.

Rosencrantz

Thing is they will get a nominal fine and possibly closed stadiums for home fans to clear the problem for a couple of games but as soon as they are let back in it will start all over again with nothing learnt.

Listening to Greg Clarke out there on the tv he seemed more concerned with a soundbite than saying anything against the chanting " we heard some sounds that sounded like monkey chanting , you cant be quite sure" YES you can idiot !
Of course there was less chanting in the second half 50 or so had left the stadium.
That is where it partly worked with the main bulk being removed by security before half time. But it was still going on in the second half in more isolated instances and UEFA copped out saying their protocol is only for mass instances. Unless Bulgarian authorities take ownership nothing will change. But if they brush it away as some neo nazi group, nowt to do with us guv excuse, where do you start.

iscalad

The Bulgarian manager is an idiot.

IndoMike

By being spineless pen pushers the EUFA is guilty of derogation of its duty to protect the players.
The simple thing is to ban Bulgaria from all international football for 2 years. And ban other nations, too, if necessary.
If EUFA don't act with the utmost rigour and determination this problem will go on forever.
EUFA : Stop acting so cowardly! Stop hiding behind the sofa!
PS. Yes, this problem is not just confined to football, but I don't see racist chanting in any other sports.

IndoMike

By being spineless pen pushers the EUFA is guilty of derogation of its duty to protect the players.
The simple thing is to ban Bulgaria from all international football for 2 years. And ban other nations, too, if necessary.
If EUFA don't act with the utmost rigour and determination this problem will go on forever.
EUFA : Stop acting so cowardly! Stop hiding behind the sofa!
PS. Yes, this problem is not just confined to football, but I don't see racist chanting in any other sports.
Not only derogation of duty (😣), but also dereliction of duty