• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bristol Rovers v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fred - just a tip, Academicals play in the Scottish Leagues, not in England.
I think you will find he is referring to watching “Hamilton” the musical in the Westend.

KentGrecian

Oxford away anyone?

Bridgy 81

That could literally have been 7-7. Diabetes head went there, we need to sign a “stubbs” no nonsense defender.
Caldwell In
Perhaps he had a hypoglycaemic attack.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
was it this year? Every game with Rovers is so action packed it's hard to remember
Bounced over his head for Nombe to put in an empty net.

StudentGrecian

Two of the worst defensive performances I’ve seen in that second half from both sides, but you got to bloody love it when it falls your way! What a night!

Belshaw looked like costing them the game all night, I thought Barton got him to go down in order to bring him off. Surprised when it was just time wasting.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well that was enjoyable

DB9

TBH 2-0 up we should have put the game to bed, Especially scoring right on half time, Yes we've shown amazing character to win but surrendering a 2 goal lead should never have happened, There is (Again) work to do on our defence, We're in a higher division, Playing against better teams, We need to learn quickly or we'll struggle, Another thing, Play your best attacking player from the start, It's not rocket science. Well done lads, Onwards and upwards 👍

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like we will have to play game again - don't FA rules prohibit sides changing shirt colours at half time as opposing sides feel they are playing two sides in one day ?
UTC

Grecian Max

Mind bending match that. Absolutely deserved the win in my mind, my Rovers mate fully agreed.

Rovers keeper was terrible all game, we constantly put him under pressure, which was self inflicted given that he was spending half his time outside the area.

A word for Jay, I've been really critical of him but I thought he followed up his solid performance v Pompey with a great one tonight. Looks like more of his old self in that role.

My hope is we keep this shape as we look better for it. Well... in attack at least. Defensively good first half fell apart second, this really needs addressing as we've been looking leaky all season under all three managers. No one put in a foot for that third (the pen), and Josh's tackle was terrible. I didn't quire understand why Key came on tbh, looked half arsed throughout and wouldn't put his foot through the ball in 50/50s... does he think he's off?

Nombe was good, but man does he miss some sitters. That one that hit the bar has to be a goal. Same for Stanno, 2 one on ones. Should have been out of sight, but fair play to both Sam and the lads for keeping going until the end. They still have that Taylor mentality. But I think GC deserves credit for his initial set up and for bringing on Dieng at the right time, despite his critics here.

Diabate, I'm not sure he's the sort of CB wants or needs. Could well be out of the 11 come Feb.

Loads to work on but that was such a memorable fun match I don't really care!

Memphis09

Jay worked his socks off on Saturday, full of running, chasing down and looking for the through ball - I'm glad he's on board. Things tend to happen when he's around the box and needs a chance this season I think.
Agreed ran his socks off but that’s all
Good sub but should not be starting