Box sets

Moomin Grecian

What's your latest box set then? Recent ones from me are:

100 Code - really really good. It centres around an American cop who's trying to catch a serial killer with a very specific style. The same type of murders start happening in Sweden so he travels there to hook up with their police force to solve the case. It ends up going way deeper than first thought and can't wait for series 2. 9/10

The Night Of - Another decent one which is about a young lad who meets a girl who seduces him with drugs and alcohol and he wakes up to find her stabbed to death. Naturally he's the prime suspect and for a while you start to think he could indeed be guilty....Decent ending too. 8/10

The Tunnel - Just finished this and didn't have high hopes but it was very good, actually. A women is found dead at the exact mid point of the channel tunnel so the case is investigated by both French and British police. After a while someone starts to cause chaos by going on a killing spree and begins to taunt the authorities with various cryptic messages. A good watch 7.5/10.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
First series of Blacklist was fine but unfortunately for me it went downhill after that. Last one for me was Breaking Bad but having the attention span of a goldfish I find it difficult to stick with most box sets and get easily bored with them after a season.

Swanaldo

"Box sets" :x :mad:

The TV programme I have been enjoying recently is Humans.

Leads

What's wrong with box sets?

You'll be telling me you have a problem with mac 'n' cheese next....
You're not American, have a bit of respect when it comes to our beautiful language ;(

* I must admit I have never heard of a TV series described as a "box set", I though a box set was a series/collection of series in DVD/VHS form and don't actually no if this is an americanism.

Moomin Grecian

You're not American, have a bit of respect when it comes to our beautiful language ;(

* I must admit I have never heard of a TV series described as a "box set", I though a box set was a series/collection of series in DVD/VHS form and don't actually no if this is an americanism.
Was only joking, mac n cheese is one of my pet hates too. Bloody yanks.

Ex-ciderrr

Occasionally from time to time when I've got 5 minutes I dig out the only fools and horses box set, doesn't get old one bit, still manage to sit there in total laughter to this day.

Have the Dads army box set aswell which i quite enjoy.

angelic upstart

Sopranos is the only one I've ever watched in full.

Got to episode 7 of the wire, Mrs upstart didn't like it so I've not seen it since.

Avening Posse

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do like a box set, Soprano's, big bang theory, and my all time favourite massive laurel and hardy one :)