• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bowman signs

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
On the Fisher - v - Bowman issue then they have twice been at a club simultaneously. Here at Exeter, where MT selects Bowman well ahead of Fisher. And Motherwell where Fisher had to leave because, after Bowman arrived, Fisher couldn’t get a game.

IndoMike

On the Fisher - v - Bowman issue then they have twice been at a club simultaneously. Here at Exeter, where MT selects Bowman well ahead of Fisher. And Motherwell where Fisher had to leave because, after Bowman arrived, Fisher couldn’t get a game.
I remember you posting that before. IINM Bowman was already at Motherwell and Fisher joined later, possibly also as cover.
Although it might be considered as evidence, it's not conclusive evidence
Fisher was there for just one season then moved on

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fisher a useful player to keep hold of at the right price.Good attitude as well I’ve heard
Yes, about the Fisher price, there's no truth in the rumours that Matt was toying with the idea of selling.

Spoonz Red E

Yes, about the Fisher price, there's no truth in the rumours that Matt was toying with the idea of selling.
I take it your referring to Matty T and not Matt L.

Ian Tarr

Re assists.
The stats depend on the player receiving the opportunity putting it away. A better stat would be chances created, but for some reason we don't get that.
And the continual slagging off of Bowman has been a joke for too long on this site.
If we were to release him there would be a queue of clubs in this division and the one above vying for his services.
That's because football people tend to look beyond the bare bones of basic statistics.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Typical plastic attitude...

IndoMike

Re assists.
The stats depend on the player receiving the opportunity putting it away. A better stat would be chances created, but for some reason we don't get that.
And the continual slagging off of Bowman has been a joke for too long on this site.
If we were to release him there would be a queue of clubs in this division and the one above vying for his services.
That's because football people tend to look beyond the bare bones of basic statistics.
Total overreaction. Very melodramatic.
Nobody''s slagging Bowman off. It's just a question of discussing his good points and bad points. He's not Pele, you know.
People have done the same in the past about the keepers, Moxey, Aaron Martin, Sweeney (he reckons he gets barracked sometimes) . Someone even criticised Williams performance the other day.
It's what people do on a forum : give their opinions
So which team did you play for?

Ian Tarr

My comment wasn't directed specifically at you, so don't take it so personally, please. It's the constant drip, drip, drip of criticism from many that grates. I would say that you've over reacted to my post. But that's just my opinion, of course.
Bowman has always suffered from being seen as a direct replacement for Stockley who, if he had ever had a full season with us would have been a 30-goal a season striker. Nobody in the past two decades compares favourably to him, although Pele undoubtedly would have done, had he played for us (not sure how he came into the argument).
And I didn't say I was a football person, did I? But football people make the important decisions, and they tend to be less black and white in their outlook than most of us forum posters.

CC

I take it your referring to Matty T and not Matt L.
Need an applause emoji for this.

Colesman Ballz

Need an applause emoji for this.
Never before have we been blessed by so many emoji, if you scroll down the very long list, unlike Bono you will find what you are looking for ! 👏🙌👍