• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bowman signs

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not emphasising assists, but you have to admit that it's unusual that a striker does not have one assist to his name. Not one little nod down; not one neat pass, not one cross from the edge of the area
He's spent most of the season playing on his own up front with zero support. Who is he going to give an assist to? Ajose? He's on the injury table. Jay? He's playing in midfield. Fisher? He's on the bench and if he's on the pitch he's probably not in a scoring position.

Grecianpasty

Sorry, but you have no idea how many goals Fisher would have scored this season: he"s never had a decent run. You can say you don't agree but you can't say "there's no validity" to what I said.
And I'm not saying it just because he played well yesterday. I have said many times this season that he should be given a run and to be honest I don't think he has been given a fair crack of the whip. The point of having a striker waiting in the wings is to push your main striker. But it became clear that Bowman was an automatic, even when he was not playing well
Of course there is no validity. The fact of the matter is that bowman and fishers stats are incomparable.

I don't want to knock Fisher too much because its commendable the job that he did on Monday and will hopefully do again next week, but he has been given chances. In the same respect that Jay has been given chances. The difference being that Jay has delivered whereas fisher hasn't.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's spent most of the season playing on his own up front with zero support. Who is he going to give an assist to? Ajose? He's on the injury table. Jay? He's playing in midfield. Fisher? He's on the bench and if he's on the pitch he's probably not in a scoring position.
Yes. I've already taken into account that he has been a lone striker and that is not easy, but don"t forget most strikers are lone strikers nowadays. What is affecting my opinion is the missed chances, the fact that we send quite a few crosses in but he seldom turns them into goals, and the assists. You can only judge from what you know. Obviously if Ajose or Seymour had been regulars alongside Bowman maybe things would have been different
When he was put through for his goal v Colchester I thought he'd miss it, but he tucked it away nicely. If he could do that more often then 👍. I have nothing against the bloke at all : it's just a question of quality

IndoMike

Of course there is no validity. The fact of the matter is that bowman and fishers stats are incomparable.

I don't want to knock Fisher too much because its commendable the job that he did on Monday and will hopefully do again next week, but he has been given chances. In the same respect that Jay has been given chances. The difference being that Jay has delivered whereas fisher hasn't.
Fisher has mainly had cameo roles. Bowman has started virtually every game.
I don't want to start a long-winded semantic discussion, but my opinion is just as valid as yours. You think Bowman is better than Fisher and I think Fisher would have got over 10 goals and more assists if he'd started every game

Langer

Fisher a useful player to keep hold of at the right price.Good attitude as well I’ve heard

iscalad

Yes. And some on here can't recognise an average striker from a good one. And some on here don't think assists are important 🙄🙄
I'll take goals over assists any day.😛

STURTZ

You get what you expect from Bowman, physicality and effort with the occasional goal as a bonus. Thought that to have the energy to make that break and finish at the end of of a punishing couple of games and a long lay off was great credit to the bloke.

Grecianpasty

Fisher has mainly had cameo roles. Bowman has started virtually every game.
I don't want to start a long-winded semantic discussion, but my opinion is just as valid as yours. You think Bowman is better than Fisher and I think Fisher would have got over 10 goals and more assists if he'd started every game
I can respect that

IndoMike

I'll take goals over assists any day.😛
Nobody's asking you to make that choice. If Ryan had scored say 15 goals and had 5 assists that would be 20 goals he had directly participated in which would be a good return

iscalad

Nobody's asking you to make that choice. If Ryan had scored say 15 goals and had 5 assists that would be 20 goals he had directly participated in which would be a good return
Good grief