• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bowman signs

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
We could have C.Ronaldo and Messi upfront and people would still be unhappy.

Boweman is a good striker, not going anywhere and obviously works with the squad.

Honestly what more do people want :)
Ronaldo and Messi

IndoMike

Bowman is a decent League 2 striker. We have had many, many worse strikers leading the line for us over the years.
And we've had many better

Grecianpasty

Stockley often got grief on here : people said he was slow and/or lazy.
Bowman gets standard grief, not "so.much grief".
He has played more minutes in the league than any other striker in the list of top 20 strikers. He has NO assists.
He has missed a lot of chances.
Now there might be some mitigating circumstances, and I understand that some want to jump on the Bowman bandwagon, but let's get real.
He's an honest player who showed us how to finish last week, but he seldom finishes as well as that and he seldom scores a thumping header.
If Fisher had played the same number of minutes I reckon he would have scored around the same number as Bowman with probably more assists.
Bowman is an OK striker for Div 2, but if we had to rely on him in Div 1 I think we'd struggle to score.
If stockley often got grief it goes to show the knowledge, or lack thereof, that people have around football.

There is zero validaty to say that Fisher would get as many goals and more assists than bowman. I can only assume that comment is based on Mondays game where he played well. Even if Fisher plays and scores the winner on Monday I would bet on him not being at the club come next season.

IndoMike

If stockley often got grief it goes to show the knowledge, or lack thereof, that people have around football.

There is zero validaty to say that Fisher would get as many goals and more assists than bowman. I can only assume that comment is based on Mondays game where he played well. Even if Fisher plays and scores the winner on Monday I would bet on him not being at the club come next season.
Sorry, but you have no idea how many goals Fisher would have scored this season: he"s never had a decent run. You can say you don't agree but you can't say "there's no validity" to what I said.
And I'm not saying it just because he played well yesterday. I have said many times this season that he should be given a run and to be honest I don't think he has been given a fair crack of the whip. The point of having a striker waiting in the wings is to push your main striker. But it became clear that Bowman was an automatic, even when he was not playing well

Ian Russon

And we've had many better
There is only two strikers in league two who has scored more this season.

iscalad

Apparently this doesn't count among some on here. No assists apparently do count.:unsure:

IndoMike

Yes, but there are many within one or two goals of him that also have assists. Their goals per minute is better And we have been in the top 4 nearly all the season. Ryan has no asssts.
He is a decent striker for Div 2 and works hard, but in Div 1 he won"t get many goals. We will need someone better

IndoMike

Apparently this doesn't count among some on here. No assists apparently do count.:unsure:
Yes. And some on here can't recognise an average striker from a good one. And some on here don't think assists are important 🙄🙄

Matt Russell

Yes. And some on here can't recognise an average striker from a good one. And some on here don't think assists are important 🙄🙄
Far too much emphasis on assists. They come in all shapes and sizes and are not all like the beauty on Monday.

IndoMike

Far too much emphasis on assists. They come in all shapes and sizes and are not all like the beauty on Monday.
I'm not emphasising assists, but you have to admit that it's unusual that a striker does not have one assist to his name. Not one little nod down; not one neat pass, not one cross from the edge of the area