• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bowman signs

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I love Bowman, the fact he can spurns chances before getting important winners makes me warm to him more some reason

fred binneys head

I love Bowman, the fact he can spurns chances before getting important winners makes me warm to him more some reason
Exactly, Max. He never goes missing, never lets his £ucking massive head drop, always shows for the ball. Then pops up with great and / or important goals. Love him.

Legohead

Banned
I'm partly with Danny here. I also don't think he is quite at the standard for consistent scoring at mid table league 1 level, although I have no evidence of this and he fully deserves the chance to prove that he is. I would like to see other options though from an attacking perspective if we do make it to L1 in addition to Bowman which I am sure Matty will address in due course.

Legohead

Banned
Exactly, Max. He never goes missing, never lets his £ucking massive head drop, always shows for the ball. Then pops up with great and / or important goals. Love him.
Although can't argue with this. Very true.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
He is far better than Stockley was at winning balls and keeping the game going. People forget this about Stockley because his finishing was so good.

Dannyred

He is far better than Stockley was at winning balls and keeping the game going. People forget this about Stockley because his finishing was so good.
Great post, Combine the two together and we would have an unbelievable striker.

Stockley was lazy but he was pure quality at scoring.

Bowman works really hard but wastes far too many chances.

Legohead

Banned
Great post, Combine the two together and we would have an unbelievable striker.

Stockley was lazy but he was pure quality at scoring.

Bowman works really hard but wastes far too many chances.
Chances that will not be as freely available in league 1 which is a concern. If we get there of course. Whilst it's common for strikers at league 2 level to need a few chances before scoring, i feel Bowman does not have that clinical edge required to find the back of the net consistently against better quality opposition.

Colesman Ballz

Perhaps the Club shop could start selling Bowman Budgie Smugglers ! :cool:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Underrate Bowman at your peril.

If he was playing against you, you'd hate him and wish he wasn't.

Grecian2K

Underrate Bowman at your peril.

If he was playing against you, you'd hate him and wish he wasn't.
I seem to recall opposing managers quite often used to say the same about Flacky!