• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stuffers, me old bucket of whale poo, we only recently discussed that very history lesson from you on aircraft wings. It was a silly historical tit-for-tat thing with the Yanks who’d already subsidised Boeing against dem WTO rools. Signing bilateral International treaties one minute and ignoring them the next is a whole different ballgame. As you well know.
Elgy, me old pus-filled haemorrhoid, the top brains of the WTO sifted through the evidence and came up with their ruling that those chivalrous Knights of Old Brussels town (who fully deserve to find the Holy Grail) were found wanting - which is annoying as yours and mine taxes that were used to pad out the back pockets of Airbus' Franco/Hun owners - and also to pay that whacking great fine to boot! Still, I put my hands up and admit the fault was "entirely mine" as I should've sat down and fired off a letter to the WTO President explaining that the world's top brains concerning how fair and even-handed the EU can be were left kicking their heels on Exeweb. Finally, behave yourself or you can buy your own fruit shoots and curly wurly's in the Merlin ;)

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
What, like when you think Priti Patel is making a hash of things before you then realise Diane Abbot could have been running the home office? That kind of thing?
No more basic than that. I suppose I’m saying that the much vaunted culture wars currently going on in the UK are aimed at polarising people to be one or the other, the middle ground is then lost. This is a shame in my opinion.

Oldsmobile-88

I have a low opinion of the BBC not because I think that they are bias but because amongst other things they do not properly separate fact from opinion. Their superstar political correspondents present their opinion as truth.
Who do you think they are biased to lammy ? Genuine question.

I agree that some politician correspondents do present their opinion rather than report fact,forget their place & believe they are much more important than the politicians they question.

Empty chairing politicians if they decline to be interviewed(the public can make their own minds up why) is the worst thing that any broadcasters can do & perpetuates the myth that they are more important than anyone who decides against being part of the circus that a lot of these multi party debates have become at election time.

angelic upstart

Presumably the much loved EU is squeaky clean.

Just out of interest, would the government who bailed out RBS be considered state aid or not?

I read somewhere that Germany broke that ruling more than any other nation.

angelic upstart

Are the political folk on here able to corroborate the story that DC & BJ are off as soon as brexit is done and Gove will then take the helm? Possibly as soon as February.

IndoMike

Oh here we go. Another "working day and night"...Does Johnson think saying that makes things better? Have all the ministers been trained to say that every time they make excuses?

"Although it has huge problems, and although many people are deeply frustrated, as several colleagues have pointed out, I think that they have done a quite remarkable job in expanding that operation from a standing start,” he said. “Yes, there’s a long way to go, and we will work night and day to ensure that we get there.”

That's what happens when you outsource to your buddies a crucial element of controlling the spread of the virus WITHOUT TENDER..especially when your buddies have NO EXPERIENCE .
WORLD- BEATING my arse. !

IndoMike

Some schools in England had close their doors just after reopening, while others have told whole year groups or classes, which form "bubbles", to self-isolate for two weeks following confirmed cases.

But some posters on here argued with me that there was no evidence that Covid could spread in schools and demanded evidence, which I provided. The usual suspects spouting a load of sh*te and not having the decency to admit they were wrong, as usual

Spoonz Red E

It wouldn't surprise me with the current political theatre.
Covid19
Boris ego he go ergo Gove-Id-20.
Is Cummings only making plans for Michael?
He's got a future in British steal.

IndoMike

Are the political folk on here able to corroborate the story that DC & BJ are off as soon as brexit is done and Gove will then take the helm? Possibly as soon as February.
Since Johnson has always had a cosseted existence it wouldn't be surprising if he did a bunk. Too much like hard work being P.M.

manc grecian

In lots of cases it's not even confirmed cases. People being sent home because they coughed a couple of times.

Parents are being told to keep their children at home if they have a cold. They might as well have the year off